Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Friday, May 24, 2019

A bit cooler but still a wonderful Spring day. Dart night roundup.

Where are we today ?
 clic a pic to enlarge it
       Happy Friday, slept in until 6 am today, a bonus after a wonderful hot sunny day yesterday and a fun time at darts last night. A bit cool this morning 52F (11C) to start the day. I did get a nice walkabout the park for my first mile as things were warming up. Eventually got 2 miles in today.
        Thursday night darts are always fun and anyone can play. We usually do when we are here. Cost  is 3 dollars each and teams are selected by this wonderful organizer we have here (Gerry). 12 people last night so we had 4 teams of 3. On my team was Ken and Dianna, we played well, winning 4 of the 6 games. Tied for first place, We played off with Gerry's team and came in second place, We each won a dollar, yeah ! Pretty good for a fun social evening.
here we are this be most of us
Suzie throwing and Gerry keeping score
Ken playing good darts
Gerry and Suzie on opposite boards
Kim came to watch Ken and us play
              I stepped outside to look for a sunset and managed to catch a bit of colour shortly after 8:30.
              We got home shortly after 9 pm and had a visitor sitting on the lid of our Weber Q.
A young Robin on our Weber
       About 9:30 this morning a nice country drive to stop at the bank for some cash as I realized we were getting a little short, and don't like to run out.
heading into town love the roads coming into the campground
        Back home for a light lunch a few more walkabouts and enjoying a nice afternoon reading outside, between my walkabouts. Not as warm but comfortable 63F we can handle that,
we do have nice spot here
the trees are really coming to life
       A bit later we had a few rain sprinkles so deployed our awning, no wind was perfect !
we cozy out of the rain right here
        After our quiet Happy hour time to whip up supper. Tonight going to grill a couple of Top Sirloin grilling steaks I bought on sale. I wanted to use my Tabasco Steak sauce that Ken and Kim  brought me from New Orleans. Just because I could. Suzie wanted a baked potato and some veggies with it so thats what I did, also some fresh mushrooms and onions just for me.
we split this huge potato, mushrooms in foil as well
and the steaks done to perfection med rare
oh my this was so very tasty a real treat
love this Steak Sauce.
thanks Ken and Kim
      After supper dishes done we back outside, still a  decent warm day, wrap up this posting and enjoy our reading for a while before we head on inside for the night. Gotta take advantage of this weather while we can, The forecast for tomorrow shows rain all day.  hmm, no problem we have other plans.
this sunset picture I took last night
 while we were playing darts
       That was our day that we enjoyed and hope you enjoyed yours as well. Thanks for stopping by. Maybe get another sunset later on, kinda looks promising. In the meantime we will enjoy a nice warm sunny evening outside, just because we can.

Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour 
 Where have we been this Summer ?

18 comments:

  1. You had another great day and the dinner to celebrate it. My Padres played at your Toronto Blue Jays today. The weather at the ballpark looked pretty good. Hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice day very tasty dinner too, the Togers Centre in Toronto is very nice with a dome that can be closed if need be. I see Padres defeated the Blue Jays?

      Delete
  2. The steak looks so good with the mushrooms and onions and med rare just like I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The steak was excellent thanks and yes the mushrooms and onions finish it off.

      Delete
  3. Ok George, I came by this afternoon to read yesterday's post and was full after I splurged during lunch. Now almost twelve hours later...I am hungry...and your steak looks so good!!!!

    I had no idea Greg worked at the campground...no wonder he does not have to leave the campground for a week like the members do.

    Pretty baby robin and sunset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms, Belinda
      LOL the steak was very tasty thanks. Better go have something to eat. Gerry, not Greg has a seasonal site here and we could as well if we wanted to stay in one place. We like to be able to move around, get very restless and enjoy the fact that our house has wheels.

      Delete
    2. Sorry meant to say Gerry, my bad!

      Delete
    3. That's ok it happens to me too. That CRS stuff. lol.

      Delete
  4. We had a decent day but didn't get any rain. The fog in the morning was the only dampness.
    The wind and rain will be today's forecast.
    You had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very nice day, mostly outside in the fresh air. We got the rain overnight and this morning was very intense.

      Delete
  5. I can't remember the last time I threw a dart so I'd be lucky not to stick it in the unprotected wall. I wish I could say "cooler here" as it will be in the mid 90's here - about 15F above average.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter here how ell you play, just try and hit the board, it is a fun social time. We could use some of that heat here. Below average here.

      Delete
  6. Those steaks look amazing, and I'm not even a steak eater!! Fun time playing darts ... I'm really good at hitting the wall instead of the target. Congrats on your wins even if you finally came in second!!! It's better than last!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The steaks were wonderful, so juicy and tasty, we don't eat it very often. I did not throw them well either but we did have a lot of laughs. We were almost 1st place, but did win a buck.

      Delete
  7. Yay you're a winner! Dinner looks amazing, those steaks awesome! I think you've got the best spot at the RV park! Beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay we had fun, the steaks were excellent a rare treat for us. I believe we have the best spot here in the park, and usually can catch a nice sunset as well.

      Delete
  8. Love your set up - looks like a nice area with good protection. I enjoy a game of darts occasionally but haven't played in awhile - not that I'm very good! Your sunset picture was beautiful.
    We've had almost 16" of rain here this month - fortunately, Oswego (KS) is on high ground, however the rivers around us are flooding - south is even worse (OK).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you we love it here as well, We only play darts when we are here, not very good either, but this is a fun social time that we all enjoy. We did have some major rain last night and a lot of flooding here as you will see in today's posting.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.