Monday, October 30, 2006
October 28th, 7:30am on the Road heading to Jeffersonville, Ohio. Arrived at the Flying J at 4:00pm. The drive for the day was uneventful but we had lots of weather. We had Sunshine, clouds, rain, hail, snow and very hi winds. It was nice to stop for the night. Travelled 400 miles.
October 29th, Time change over night, left at 7:30am. Great day for driving, sunshine and getting warmer. Took off jackets, then into shorts and T shirts by 3:00pm, 80 degrees F. Spent the night at the Flying J at Franklin, Kentucky.
October 30th, Heading to Nashville for a couple days and tour about,Weather hot sunny about 80 degrees, and went to Dinner Show at Nashville Nightlife Theatre, Music Valley Dr,. next to campground, Great show with Contry Music , Steve Hall and Shotgun Red. Very Funny..
Another day unfolds Oct 31..
Did Walk about in morning, took tow bar to Camping World next door, gonna take a few days to get part and fix, so will do more Nashville. Went to Opryland Hotel and walked inside for few hours. Absolutely amazing place, so huge all the Gardens, walkways, rivers, waterfalls, restaurants, all under one huge roof.
For supper went to "the Cock of the Walk" for amazing Catfish dinner, deep fried dill pickles, onion rings and fries, Huge servings (1 would have been enough) served family style using tin plates, and cups. Great meal.
Rainy Day, went to Opry mills (huge new Shopping mall) with new hardwood floors throughout, checked out The Aquarium Restaurant, an amazing restaurant that we were able to walk into and look at the huge tanks and many different fish (sharks, eels, sting rays etc.. and a diver in the tank try to catch some hostile fish), Bass Pro Shops, also Huge Gibson Guitar Shop, sidewalk music Monuments, but it was still a shopping mall. Later we drove about other none tourist areas of Nashville to feel the atmosphere.
Beautiful sunny day 58 degrees F
Went to Lane Motor Museum, Very rare cars and 1 of a kind vehicles, quite interesting. We also took quite a few pictures, check the link http://www.lanemotormuseum.org/
From there went to downtown and farmers market, not much going on there, but still interesting.
Then off to The Parthenon, (full size replica of the Original) a very unique, huge structure was originally built for Fair in 1897, the redone more permanent material 1921-1930.
Morning will be heading south to Natchez Trace Parkway, until Monday then Abita Springs Louisianna, for a couple of weeks (near New Orleans).
Click HERE for pictures
Saturday, October 21, 2006
- Sunday, October 22nd back to The Farm to wrap up a few things then away we go.
- On Wednesday, October 25th we will leave The Farm and travel to Niagara Lazy Lakes.
- On Saturday, October 28th we will leave Niagara Lazy Lakes and travel towards Nashville to pick up the Natchez Trace Parkway.
- The Natchez Trace Parkway is about 444 miles long. Similar to the Niagara Parkway. No commercial vehicles are allowed. The parkway goes from Nashville Tennessee to through the southern portions of the Mississippi River, to Alabama. The following link will take you to the Natchez Trace Parkway website: Natchez Trace Parkway.
- Our plans after that have not been confirmed but we are planning on going to Corpus Christi and Brownsville, Texas. We plan to arrive Picacho Peak RV Resort from December 15th to January 15th. Picacho Peak RV. The following maps our planned route.
To Corpus Christie Texas
Monday, October 16, 2006
We are now ready to take off on our dream adventure any day now.
Saturday toured craft sales Grand Bend & Thedford, then back to Rock Glen for Pot luck dinner and progressive Euchre. Played darts sunday night and Suzie cleaned up, beginners luck I guess. Monday Geo was chippin branches and trimmin trees with Bill and Forest at Rock Glen.
Tuesday Rainy and we both worked on computer, setting up blog and a web page.
Wednesday very mild and did some maintenance and minor repaires on Rv , enjoyed mild weather being outside and BBQ supper. Soon we will not have internet every day, and doing much travelling, can hardly wait....Click here on "Our Travels" to view some pictures