Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Plan "A" did not pan out , so got a chance to tackle plan "B".


Where are we today ?
Clic on the pic to enlarge it
           We had some big rain overnight just over 1/2 an inch, not much but better than none but will help the farmers. This morning overcast and not so warm. Comfortable  and maybe got to 90 F but had a nice breeze and overcast skies. Not really warm enough for us to get in the pool, guess the pool will be lonely today.
           The plan "A" first thing was to take the car top Pettigrew's Garage in town and I was there. The lot was full of cars that needed immediate attention. Ours not so, I told Dale I can come back another day, not a big deal we here until next Wednesday. Him  and Mike will be very busy for the next day or two.
           So because of the cooler weather and I had the car, plan "B" came into play. I have had a project that I wanted to do. Make a folding foot rest that our friend "Pat" at Galvin Bay has had for a few years. We always liked it. So last time we were there I took a few pics, made some measurements and drew up a plan. I said hey, I can make that.
          Thats what I set out to do. Picked up the dowels at Home Hardware I figured I needed and after an early lunch headed over to Suzie's brother's where her Dad has his workshop set up , I have used it before and has most of the wood working tools I need.
this is the comfortable foot rest that Pat has
folded up
      Here I am at the shop. Got the dowels out and reviewed my plans. Measured a few times, scratched my head a lot. Reconfigured a few things and just played it by ear. I have a few pictures and some measurements. 
         What the heck lets give it a whirl. Just taking my time a few hours later I had everything cut and pieced together. Think I have it, looks pretty close.
           Now this is not clued together yet, need to get the approval from Suzie, after all it's for her and she will enjoy it I hope. She does love a foot rest when reading outside in her lawn chair. And as you know we do a lot of that.
Looks like it fits and will do the job!
         Now tomorrow I will return to the workshop and sand a few things then glue and clamp it all together. Then stain and or varnish it.
         Enough puttering for today, time to relax for a while with a cold beer, read for a bit, then whip up supper. On the menu tonight is Pan Fried Basa fillets in our favorite Roasted Garlic and Butter Fish Crisp.
just a few minutes in a cast iron pan on our Weber Q. 
      Add that to a tasty green salad, slightly different each night with lotsa goodies and a few fresh blueberries on the side.
sure was tasty
        That was a much cooler day, but still had too much fun. And got a project well under way.
        Thanks for taking the time to drop in, nice to hear from y'all.
Check out the interactive map below to see where we have been this summer

22 comments:

  1. I have never seen that kind of footrest before, but seems to be very handy and comfy, once you have a pillow on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it is surprisingly comfortable without a pillow, just moulds into you feet and legs.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I like a challenge and to putter around, a fun project.

      Delete
  3. You could sell those at Quartzite. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few people that would like one already, I need to redo my plans a little better and maybe whip up a few more. Have to figure the cost etc... to see if it is worthwhile.

      Delete
  4. WOW...I could use one of those foot rests. I have to drag a stool around where ever I sit to work on my crafts. Great job, George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it is quite handy maybe make some more of them. When I have time lol...

      Delete
  5. nice job on the unique foot rest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larry, it was a challenge, but knew I could do it with the proper tools.

      Delete
  6. looks like plan B worked out just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You only got to plan B? I'm usually down to C or D on most projects. ;c)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I have many options, I could have done many more things, but this one was convenient and will make Suzie happy too!

      Delete
  8. Very creative! With the right skillset and the right tools you can do it all. Sadly I posess neither...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always enjoyed building things and had a large workshop in our house, but that's all gone now, when we in the area I can use Suzi'e father's workshop.

      Delete
  9. Great foot stool. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was unique, so why not build one? And it takes up little space.

      Delete
  10. Looks great... and it folds up not taking much space. Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's the whole idea, does the job nicely and not use much space, perfect to an RV.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job on the foot rest George and When Suzi's happy, everyone is happy! The basa looks delicious. I have no basa but I do have halibut in the freezer and some Prince Rupert style halibut (dipped in egg then cracker crumbs and fried), served with tartar sauce would be very good for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Croft. That's right, Happy Wife Happy Life.
      The Halibut is even nicer. We don't have crackers or I would do that, did it that way years ago. I love tartar sauce too, but save that for a treat sometimes, like I did the other day with the pickerel.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.