Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Got and early start and get things done before it get's too hot, then we can enjoy the day.

Where are we today ?
clic on the pic to enlarge it
        What a wonderful summer morning, got my first walkabout shortly after 7am but had to cut it short. Appointment for 8 am in New Hamburg for my yearly hearing test. Yup I am still deaf, no worse and no better. Hearing aides tweaked a bit and good to go.
love these Tiger Lilies
       Home by 9 am and because of the hot weather forecast today (with humidity gonna feel like 106 F) I got my first  45 minutes lawn mowing done before 11. Then a dip in the pool.
      Nice light lunch and finished off the lawn mowing before 1 pm, all 5 acres done. Another dip in the pool, so refreshing. Then can read in the shade for a while.
corn field next door
cutting the weeds
          You guessed it 2 pm another extended dip in the pool, cleaned it a bit then cool off again. Got some more reading to do in the shade. 3pm dip and read, drinking too much water soon time for a cold beer.  Gotta read some more in the shade, got a fan out for Suzie, heat bother's her but not me much.
       As you probably know we both love reading when we can. and this is perfect weather for it. Outside, under the willow tree with a nice breeze.
right beside our coach a nice breeze
        Then after our 3 o'clock swim moved back under our awning and got out an old fan that was Suzie's Gramma's Still works wonderful and just enough breeze for her too.
anybody remember these old Seabreeze fans?
          Now to make a salad for supper and at 4:30 another dip in the pool, yup we loving it here, so quiet and so much space. Picked up these pre cooked frozen ribs for 5 bucks just thawed them out and need to heat up. The grill mat on our Weber Q works great for this, easy cleanup.
about 15 minutes turning once and tasty
 wonderful an easy quick supper
hit the spot with our salad and fresh blueberries
         About 7 pm still 92 f inside our coach so fired up our genny and both air conditioners. just over and hour nicely cooler down 75F as had the outside temps.
Then her Dad happened to be in Plattsville
and stopped by for a nice visit, always nice to
see him drop by.
        That was our wonderful summer day, in the shade getting things done and a few refreshing dips in this pool that is here. I am telling you it did not get lonely today. We enjoyed another great summer evening outside again chatting, blogging and reading until after 9 pm.
        Thanks for stopping in and hope you had a great day too.
Check out the interactive map below to see where we have been this summer

16 comments:

  1. I sure is nice to have a nice pool to take a dip in...sounds like you are really enjoying it! So happy that Susie's dad visits...so Special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice that John lets us use it, especially when he is so busy working.

      Delete
  2. I used to read a lot, but now I get so sleepy after only a few pages, I snore away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only read outside in my lawn chair usually only about 20 minutes then stretch,, read some more.

      Delete
  3. That fan looks like it's been around a year or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Suzie, the heat just zaps me. Especially the humidity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked for many years in the heat and humidity, in factories and my restaurant kitchen, learned how to cope much better, when she worked in an office with air conditioning. I also worked outside in the cold, but never got used to that.

      Delete
  5. My goal is only to be places where the temperature is perfect. However, that's been mighty difficult. I don't want it too hot and I don't want it too cold. It seems we've had plenty of those days. Hopefully you're "too hot" days will soon disappear and the perfect summer temperatures return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the "too hot " days, better than cold, damp and yucky weather. I can always cool off one way or the other but warming up takes forever.

      Delete
  6. Our Houston daughter needs a fan on her all the time. She sleeps with one blowing full blast on her. I do not like fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind fans, much prefer them over air conditioning.

      Delete
  7. Another gorgeous day. So nice to have a pool and a cold beer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All those pools dips are going to make you look like a prune... :cD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter, shrivel up as we get older anyway, lol, Rehydrating my skin...

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.