Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Nice visit with an old friend on a miserable day.

Where are we today? 
Stratford Ontario
Happy Saturday still sleeping pretty good more like I used to sleep sleep fast and good from about 8 :30 until 3;30 am wake for a while a short snooze then raring to go before 6 am. After a bits cereal and juice.

My water pills and leg wrapping seem to be helping the swelling has gone down a bit in my legs and can actually see my ankles, much improvements here is a good thing.

Then by 7:30 am day shift came in got my meds into wheel chair and headed out cruise around  and around noticed it was beginning to snow . Calling for light snow off and on all day. Grabbed  piece of toast and 1/2 a bacon sandwich because I could and was tasty.
wild blueberry and Raspberry jam was excellent
Expecting company 3 couples at some point but they all had a distance to travel depending on the weather. 2 couples cancelled, snow and bad roads. maybe tomorrow but my old Buddy Jim and Christine  arrived right on schedule at 10 am  a 2 hour back country drive for them.
we enjoy lunch in the dinning room Soup and pastries
 for them me egg salad, and French Canadian Pea soup
 I have written about Jim before, we went to public and high school way back when and still keep in touch, had a wonderful visit, we enjoyed with them just the 4 of us and before we knew it 4 hours flew on by, time for them to head on back home, he tires out as well as I do after his triple by pass a month ago and this is his second trip here to visit with us. We enjoy a light lunch in the  dinning room  soup and pastries available for them  I enjoyed a 1/2 egg salad sandwich with tomato and some French Canadian pea soup a favourite of mine hit the spot. This is a soup I love and have made a few times, my homemade  version is healthier ( the recipe is HERE or my recipe blog  top right side bar)  but my only option here is and old standby from Habitant,
Christine and Jim
 Just before 2:30 pm, time for a cold beer because I could, Suzie and I both did some computer stuff and chatted, then shortly after 4 headed in time to make her supper.
a tasty craft Beer cousin brought from Ottawa Ontario
then with dinner at 5:30 a very tasty beer
from Italy Thanks to BIL Brian
Dinner tonight was a very yummy meal I enjoy. Chatting with the cook Micheal the other day I suggested maybe shepherds pie for a change and wow that's what we had,  oh so good. added a caesar salad Suzie brought for me (a mix) really hit the spot , have ben missing my salads.
oh so tasty it was and they even threw in a Butter tart for desert
That was it for another great day visiting with a good buddy and catch up over the years is always fun And of course all this tasty food  made right here, so person when they only have 8 patients to cooks for.

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit hope y'all had a good one as well.

Remember "One day at time"

 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ?
 click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour

44 comments:

  1. Hope you realize you are getting pretty spoiled with all that attention and food made just for you. Then again, you deserve it and you have cooked for others for many years so now its your turn. Nice to have good friends who come out even when the weather is inconvenient. Keep up your good spirits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know I am being spoiled, thats is what this hospice does make my last days as comfortable as possible. And they are doing an awesome job, If I could be outta here I would sure love it.
      We are enjoying all the friends and family dropping by to visit as well.

      Delete
  2. Makes for a special when good friends brave the elements to spend time together. Split pea soup is one of my favorite cold day lunches, with a grilled cheese sandwich. Hope the swelling gets under control, be nice to hear you can use the walker for touring the facilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was nice to see Jim, and 2this soup is favorite of mine as well sl very tasty, using the walker about would be wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Nice to be able to get some of your favorite meals. and the hospice is so accommodating to your family and friends.Love to see you looking so good. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys they are amazing here we are all made very comfortable and welcome.

      Delete
  4. I want to come eat at your place! The meals are great! Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Because I can” is my favorite quote from you! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to be able to catch up with Friends.
    With all those Home Cooked Meals you'll never eat anywhere else.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice that you can get out and about each morning now in your chair for a 'Cruiseabout'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is nice would be even nicer to get outside for a cruiseabout as well. Maybe someday.

      Delete
  8. You're setting a pretty high standard for the rest of us George! I doubt if I could handle your situation with as much grace. Gord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Good Life is what it is, and mine has been amazing because I wanted it to be, Enjoy enjoying minute right up until the end, because I want to.

      Delete
  9. Now I'm going to have to try to find Canadian yellow split peas here in Texas. I am glad you are being fed well. That's important. As I guess you know. Thanks for your postings...I read every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may find the split peas in with the dried soup mixes like ham bean soup dried veggies etc, I have never looked,

      Delete
  10. You're doing a great job and I love you are able to blog again -- I dont comment often but i thnk and pray for yu every day ----and youre rocking that HAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny glad to have you along and so nice that you commented. I have always worn hats and love them.

      Delete
  11. So Happy you had another good night and day. Visits with long time friends is alway so nice. And the chief making you your request, living like a King George.

    Blessings your way every day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JO it was a very good night and day , always enjoy jim's company and in the kitchen new ideas are always nice , I know sometimes get stuck in a rut.

      Delete
  12. Infuriating hackers. No respect. Hugs to you George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are I zapped him into the spam bin and hopefully not back.

      Delete
  13. While traveling in Vancouver Island, I had the best potato leek soups. I found a recipe on-line but have yet to make the soup. Every time I make a trip to grocery store, I can't find leeks. I also love split pea soup with bacon or ham.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a tasty recipe I have seen lotsa leaks but have yet to make a soup with them, The pea soup with ham of bacon is always a good meal.

      Delete
  14. So glad that you were able to see your old friend from school. I always like hearing about friends who can stay in touch with each other after all those years.

    I made pea soup just the other day. It is one of my favourite soups as well.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always great to keep in touch and catch up with old friends from way back so many memories.
      A very tasty soup and so easy to make.
      Thanks Ruth I sure will.

      Delete
  15. They certainly feed you well there. I was happy to once again see the salad you guys ate daily with your dinners and that Suzie prepared for you today.

    You are a very special person it is no wonder your friends braved the bad weather and came to see you. Keep on keeping on my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do some very tasty yet easy meals here, so nice that there is only 8 patients here to deal with as well.
      My friends are all special to me and I do appreciate them coming to visit. I try to be helpful with every one and keep on smiling.
      I will keep on going until I run outta fuel and right now still have lots.

      Delete
  16. Obviously you have some great friends!! The variety of beer they bring just amazes me. I've never even heard of most of those you have shown, probably cuz I'm not a beer drinker. Enjoy every minute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have lots good friends and they ask what I would like when they come , some different beers would great to try and they an be found here in some Beer and Liquor stores so many interesting selections. some I like better than others but a good way to try them.

      Delete
  17. The drive wasn't to bad and the visit was well worth it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you made it it was a great visit and good the drive was not too bad and you made it home safely.

      Delete
  18. That toast with the jam looks yummy! Nice that your friends were able to make it for a visit! Nice pictures throughout the day!Dinner looks awesome and nice that Suzie brought you salad to go with the awesome looking shepards pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys it was great day all he way around , good company, good food and conversation

      Delete
  19. I was thinking that first photo didn't look like toast and bacon, but it sure did look good. The jam looks amazing!! The beer cans looks quite interesting, I'll bet they taste great.
    Always nice to visit with long time friends, just a comfort of some kind that we don't realize until after they've left.
    It's good to be moving around. You will be wearing out the flooring with all your chair cruising. Keep on smiling George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the first was a very tasty jam toast and bacon just an after thought just because. Visiting with Jim is always a fun time , though rarely we try to keep in touch. I and getting around nicely more every day and feeling pretty good. Gotta smile cause thats what I do LOL...

      Delete
  20. Nice day to relax enjoy old friends. Hope the weather doesn't get too bad. Enjoy today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always fun the get together with old friends and Jim is the Oldest. Weather Sunday not too bad for the travellers that made it and they all did.

      Delete
  21. Sounds like another wonderful day. Spending time with old friends always seems to make the time fly by.
    Reading your posting from yesterday, what a treat to have carolers come for a visit and meeting Bill's sister another good day.
    You two are in our thoughts and in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoyed a couple very good days, no questions asked, nic to meet Bill's sister and the Carolers, and quality time with my old buddy.

      Delete
  22. George, from Campobello Island, NB all the best and many, many more excellent meals to you. Peter + Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Peter, so glad to hear from you, lotsa good food and thanks for kind thoughts as well. long time no see, w were hoping to get that way maybe this summer , not likely but not impossible yet.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.