Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Monday, December 16, 2019

A relaxing and productive day

Where are we today?
Stratford Ontario

Happy Monday, the weekend is over meaning things after a fun busy we both had a good nights sleep, I actually woke up at 4:30 this morning and the Nurse said "hey you slept in! " Yes I did and it felt good guess I needed it.

Shortly after 8 am headed down to  the Kitchen chat with the cook Michael for a bit and someone order poached eggs, oh Yeah sounds good, so he threw one egg and 2 pieces of breakfast sausage on to go with it, boy was that tasty. Check out the lunch and dinner specials today. Looks good, Interesting soup selection and the chicken for dinner sounds wonderful do love my chicken.
Today's meals look tasty
the poached egg and sausage was yummy
Then I was up and about, nice that I have a bit more freedom using my walker, to the washroom in and outta the wheel chair etc., not having to rely on the nurses all day long. Got some computing done going though a few thousand unwanted pictures ready to back up my Mac Book again.

Suzie came in about 11:30 this morning she had made me a turkey burger (I have been craving) on the George Foreman Grill at home, with all the toppings, boy was that tasty with some potato salad here available from the kitchen, she had a soup and sandwich. Then time for a short nap Suzie needed, so me trying to be quiet lol.

Sure is a good thing they use small luncheon or sandwich plates it looks like too much food but actually pretty small portions.

A bit later a text from my daughter to see if they cold drop by they shopping in town. So drop by they did for a very nice visit lunch and a break from here shopping.
at 2 years old she does love her food
sitting on Grandad's knee for a hug
she enjoys looking out the window watching the squirrels
She followed me back to the car, notice the bare feet
country girl she is.


They had very nice visit and a chat then time to head back home.
Then the rest of the day we relaxed for a bit and Suzie headed home about 4 pm for a tasty dinner she made in our slow cooker, sounds like it will be a tasty one for her as well..

Soon time for supper just before 6 pm a tasty portion of chicken, mashed, gravy and my Caesar salad did the trick, My beer today was  nice treat from Mexico, Modelo, I have not had for a while, nice area.


A pretty relaxing and productive day, lots good food, sure glad for the smaller portions that space out about 5 hour a part.

I did get some walking done with my walker done and quite a few laps in the wheel chair as well. Seems like always something to keep us busy.

Thanks again for checking us out. Suzie will be taking the car back to the garage to see if they can figure out the issue with the heater in the car.

"One Day at a Time"
 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ?
 click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour

24 comments:

  1. Yep George, I prefer to eat four times a day also. It seems I can control my calorie intake and sugar levels much much better that way. MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That works for me as well bit really too much great food here , I need 2to cut back a tiny bit.
      MERRY CHRISTMAS to you as well,

      Delete
  2. You are really getting around! Awesome sauce!!!
    Love the bare feet!! She must have made your day!! Merry early Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a country girl for sure. Snd they alway make my day when they come and visit.

      Delete
  3. Greetings from Saskatchewan I have been following your blog forever and I am so happy you are doing so well and enjoying all your visits. Your positive attitude is so awesome and I wish you and your family an awesome Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Curtis thanks for following along and your wonderful comment.
      We are enjoying these visits for sure,
      And would like to will you a Merry Christmas as well.

      Delete
  4. Nice that you are getting all that free exercise.
    Even new thermostats can be faulty. Hope they fix it right this time.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The exercise is nice for sure. My thought as well are that the thermostat is defective as well. But not something I can do at this time.

      Delete
  5. The food at this Hospice looks really good and then bonus Suzie brings you even more. Nice that your getting in a little more walkabouts. The baby is growing so much. Such a little sweetie.
    One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much great food, pretty well anything I want and Suzie can bring in more as well.
      The walkabouts are nice now I can do even more, yahoo!
      She is growing so fast a real personality and taking like crazy at 2 yrs old.

      Delete
  6. The one person you want to make friends with is the cook! He is taking care of you. As is Suzie with the special treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cook is a super guys he had his own restaurant for years as well we have lots in common.

      Delete
  7. What a little cutie that granddaughter is, love that she is barefoot. They certainly are feeding you well there plus having Suzie bring in special meals you enjoy. Nice to be well taken care or maybe even a little spoiled, nothing wrong with being spoiled. Everyone deserves to feel that once and a while.
    As always you are both in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks she is a cutie for sure. So much really good tasty food ere hard to resist, And being spoiled I think so thy treat everyone very well here.
      Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.

      Delete
  8. My sister was a muncher and couldn't eat a whole plate of food at once. Consequently, she stayed the same weight all her life. I on the other hand eat three squares but like to snack too and it shows. I now understand why weight-watchers program have you eating all day long it seems...of course of healthy foods. BTW George, your coloring is returning...today I see pinkness in your face and hands. You may be a miracle in the making. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true Rita grazing on good food can rwally control your weight. An you do feel better.I think there is colouring returning bas well , I am feeling much better too.
      Well ya neve know know I do believe in miracles.

      Delete
  9. So happy every morning to see you are doing the blog! I commented to Ken just this am that your color is looking better! Your granddaughter is just the cutest little thing! You can certainly see her personality in the pictures! Love the festive menu board! Food looks awesome and now I want a turkey burger haha. You're in our prayers daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys glad I can get at the blog again I do enjoy writing it.
      I am feeling better every day and I agree she is the cutest thing. And a real personality. The festive menu is interesting and tasty, Oh the turkey burger very tasty as always.

      Delete
  10. It is so nice to see you getting around and I'm sure Michael enjoys your visits in the kitchen.
    Happy days when the family visits, how great that you are so close for them.
    They sure are feeding you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting around even more now and loving it. Happy days are every day here and Jess living so close is a real bonus for sure. They are feeding me very well, maybe even too much but heck sure is tasty.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I just loved the pictures of you and your granddaughter. Glad you're able to do things on your own. I'm sure it is a nice feeling to have some independence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doug it was any nice day, and pictures with the Grands are priceless she is a real sweetie. Doing things in my own sure is nice not having to depend on everyone else.

      Delete
  12. I love the picture of you and your precious granddaughter. Your color is returning and your meals look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you M's B she sure is precious, I am feeling better and the food is so very tasty.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.