Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Yeah, more freedom and an update on the car heater.

Where are we today? 
Stratford Ontario

Even a better sleep last night really gotta love it. 6 hours of really good sleep my norm from 9:15 pm until 3.30 am feeling really good.

And a bonus I was told that I can use the walker un assisted , as they have seen me move about. Just be careful. Heck I will be careful I have come this far and sure don't want to hurt  myself. One thing meaning I can get up for the washroom during the night and right back to sleep. Get more things for myself. and exercise my legs that are feeling better and need the movement , the swelling is going down a bit with the help of the water pills to I am sure. They even turned off the bed alarm and put the side rails down for me as well.
On one of my walkabouts
Heck after a tour about here in the wheel chair and got the walker all warmer up for my first solo run down the hall and back actually 2 times, Sure felt good, a bit at a time and I will be doing even better.
breakfast Toast and jam dry tasty local jam
Suzie took the car to Pettigrews garage first thing again , after a road test etc, it was determined we need a new heater core. Not surprised at 17 years old. We discussed it and called Dale back, we actually do get some heat as long it is not turned on full blast. And because of the busy season and holidays decided they will do that job right after the New Year, it could be anywhere from a 2 to 5 hour job. But at least we do have some heat for now.

She got back here shortly after 11 am and we headed down  for lunch I tried the homemade soup today and it was very  tasty even though cream  soups are not my favorite then Micheal made me tasty sandwich 2 breakfast sausage that I enjoy.
a tasty soup
no pureed for me
tasty lunch
We chatted for while and back to my room I puttered around for a bit and Suzie enjoyed a much needed sleep, so nice that she is able to do this here. Then time for another walkabout on my own, with the walker un assisted, boy does this ever feel nice. I actually got 2 full laps walked better than before when I could not even do one with the wheel chair.
3 pm Happy Hour, and relax a bit and chat some more.
Suzie mixed this up for me to go with my dinner
These are small portions you can tell by the cover and plate
Tonight was a tasty chicken breast , mashed and carrots to go with my salad, was so very tasty, Michael did another excellent meal.
very tasty I enjoyed this

 Supper done in good time relax some more, finish this posting a bit of reading and an old TV western to watch then soon call it a night, 

Want to thank y'all for joining us and hope you enjoyed your day as well. Looking fred to anthem good nights sleep and see what tomorrow brings. Looking to more walkabouts and whatever the days turn out like more exercise and walking is sure in the plans.

One Day at a Time












 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
 click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour

42 comments:

  1. Your being well enough to be as active as you have been recently is an answer to my prayers for you. -Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary for all those prayers and from many others as well, The prayers and dreams are coming true at least for now and will take advantage of every good day I am having.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you're doing so well George!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew so am I can hardly live it feels wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Nothing says freedom like the ability to do things on your own. Glad to see you are up and about without assistance now.
    Food looks wonderful. Michael is certainly a fabulous cook.
    It's good that Suzie can nap there, it is so easy to get run down.
    Keep smiling George. Soon those walker wheels will be worn out from your walkabouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Micheal is a great cook 1comes up with some tasty ,meals for sure The 1cuch makes a queen size bed and she can stay here over night if she wishes. Gone try and wear ou those wheels if I can.

      Delete
  4. Love hearing from you again and seeing you up and about. Prayers are answered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you our prayers are being answered for sure,

      Delete
  5. Great to see you doing more walkabouts, that was such a big part of your desert mornings - and again wearing your signature hat and vest. What is the pendant you are now wearing? Is that new?
    Prayer for continued progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The walkabouts are now part of my day. gotta wear my hat and vest when I can ya know. The pendant is a beeper in case I need the nurse , you know fall down or whatever. Big Brother watching over me when inside here. Thanks for the prayers they seem to be working,

      Delete
  6. Michael is doing a good job so you will not have to step in as a short order cook! It is nice to see Suzie getting some much needed rest! This whole situation has to be incredibly stressful for her but still she carries on! You two are a great team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is doing a wonderful job , The kitchen is his I do not want to get in his way. Suzie s getting some rest and that is a good thing , especially stressful for her and she` is hanging on pretty good.
      Thanks Croft I think we make a great team as well.

      Delete
  7. George your improvement is fantastic. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 1ST FREEDOM WALKS TODAY.
    You always love your morning walkabouts and taking pictures....love it.... your back rocking it again...This is assume for you. Hugs to you and Suzie. Have great night and another amazing day tomorrow. God Bless.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy the freedom walks are wonderful not outside yet but walking non the less . Move these muscles, and just feel so much better.
      Thanks for the hugs and we did had great night, looking fordward to another good day.

      Delete
  8. So good to see you walking, you have come a long way since you left the hospital. Must be the good food and the beer. Nice that Suzie can get some rest while she's visiting. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have come a very long way for sure , Think all of the above including all the well wishes, visitors and family sure helped. It is nice that she can get some rest when here too.

      Delete
  9. So glad you're doing so well they are giving you more freedom. You're my hero George. To get hit with this unexpected prognosis and to take it with that smile of yours and your relentless determination is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doug I am enjoying this freedom, did not really expect it , but thinking positive and wanting it ti happen amazing what you can accomplish if you really want to. I have reached this goal now setting my sights on the next one. I and enjoy your travels and wonderful pictures of the SW and areas we enjoy.

      Delete
  10. I’m thinking you may be back home in no time. Great to see you up and about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feels great to be up and about,
      That is a part of my next goal , if not fulltime, part time would work for us as well.

      Delete
  11. You go George, another day of walk abouts will help your legs also and make you feel better. Keep smiling and enjoying all that good food. At least Suzie has some heat in the car if not much. Blessing to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. JO the more walkabouts the better my legs will feel and get stronger, Smiling is something I can do no problem, the food here wonderful , and even a bit f heat in the car helps, we will be good that's for sure.

      Delete
  12. If you keep up that pace your going to need a new set of tires on that walker. Still think you need a 'Ooga-Ooga horn on that spiffy mean green machine too. Keep forging ahead George and soon the staff will have you outside shoveling snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think maybe walking without the walker and save the tires, would be better, A few people have mention a hon LOL, I will keep on going forward, because that is the only way for me to go. But really Al I will have to put a halt on it about shovelling snow !

      Delete
  13. Being able to get up unassisted is a biggie. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So good to see you up and about and wearing your vest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great to be out and about on your own I am sure. I remember how excited I was when I was in a rehab facility and I could leave my room with a walker and no spotter. With your positive and never give up attitude anything is possible. Like everyone who knows you, we continue to send positive thoughts your way and you along with Suzie are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The freedom and being independence sure feels great.
      Thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts they sure go a long way.

      Delete
  16. Wonderful that you are up and about! Food looks delicious too and it's nice that you can get something when you ask. Love that Suzie brings you your salads as I'm sure you are missing them! Glad Suzie has some heat in the car, but for 17 years that little car has certainly done you well. Take care and you are in our daily prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes getting up on my own is sure a great thing , its the little things in life that mean a lot. A bit of heat for now will be good and at 17 years old this car has been treating us very good, no problems. And thank you for the prayers they are working.

      Delete
  17. what great news that you are up and about on your own now. That will help even more making you feel like yourself again. Plus help the legs and energy level.
    The food looks awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Patsy sure feels great to use my legs again. ngery level is good along with this tasty food.

      Delete
  18. That's great that you can walk whenever you want George ... keep on truckin :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is good for everyone and I sure have been missing it.

      Delete
  19. George, you are doing so awesome it makes me smile. Now that you are doing your walkabouts unattended on the walker, it is going to be hard for them to keep up with you....Your meals look really good and how I enjoy seeing your smile.
    Take care my friend and keep up the walkabouts. Prayers always!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys makes me smile too, I will take advantage to this feeling good while I can, they can keep and eye on me no problem and bating me with all this great food they know I will keep coming back.
      Thanks for prayers as always.

      Delete
  20. It is so good to see you doing so well. Im thankful you are and I sure do enjoy that big smile of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheri fells wonderful right now and taking advantage of it while I can.
      And heck why not smile makes me and every one else around me smile and feel good. too.

      Delete
  21. This post made my evening...so glad you are able to walk around unassisted. I love seeing all the different beers you enjoy for Happy Hour. Cyber hugs to you and Suzie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you M's B the freedom is so nice and makes me feel good as well. Thee beers are gifts that friends and relatives bring in for me, so many different choices are really wonderful.
      Thanks for the cyber hugs.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.