Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Taking it easy and some lawn mowing the day just flew on by.

Where are we today ?
 clic a pic to enlarge it
     Cooled down nicely last night and humidity pretty well gone. We both had a wonderful sleep and now up early as usual. My new Mac Book air is performing wonderfully. And this morning I turned it on and looks just my old one, everything set up and working only much faster and better than my old one. So far the only issue I have is Microsoft Office for Mac . but will get to that in time. But I do have a compatible program on this computer called "Numbers" very similar to excel and my spread sheets were able to be moved here and are still usable. . wow . this is amazing!.
      I whipped into New Hamburg for a few things for tonight's supper, and stopped by the licence place . But today a very long lineup . No need to wait, Don't need the sticker for Suzie's car for a about 3 weeks and I will be back in town again many times.
     We enjoyed a nice tasty light lunch then I whipped over to Camp Awesome to mow some lawn. Heck it is only 10 minutes away and I do enjoy doing that.
     So hopped on the mower for an hour and got 1/3 of then yard done. The front part has been done so just another hour maybe tomorrow and will be good for a while yet.
I do enjoy mowing the lawn here
at camp awesome
really love the quiet times here
         Then back home to relax in the shade. It actually feels cold  at 70F and no humidity. Always enjoy the back county roads that I can travel around here.
       Just back here relaxing in the shade gotta wear a sweater for the chill. but can still wear my shorts.
love  the bush right behind our coach 
this is a nice spot to hang out for a while
and help out when Sandy is in for Surgery
all is going well and she will be fine
        For supper tonight going to make some garlic shrimp with pasta tonight. For us and Suzi'es Brother Dennis.  Pick up these shrimp  today and look very interesting . Ended up they were excellent !
very tasty shrimp 
A quick saute with fresh garlic and mushrooms
added alfredo sauce to go with the pasta
wow ! this was excellent , gotta get more of these shrimp
      Supper done and Suzie whipped up the few dishes we had the back home to relax outside. working on this posting and reading , just because we can.
Suzie doing the final cleanup
     Relaxing under our awning and Suzie's brother Dennis came  home from the hospital, visiting with his wife Sandy, She is doing well and in recovery.
      He sat with us for a while, chatted and really had a nice conversation with him, Until it got too chilly, About 9 pm was about 60F , brrr, So he headed home and we inside. Wrap up this posting and call it a night.
      We had a wonderful day here and hope you did as well.
       Thanks for stopping on by.
Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com for a tour 
 Where have we been this summer?

15 comments:

  1. Wishing Sandy a fast and full recovery. That meal looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JO she should be home in a day pr so, The meal was very tasty thanks.

      Delete
  2. That was a cool change of temperature. Brr is right. As long as you were in the sun it was nice in shorts but in the shade you needed more clothes on.
    Looks like a nice day you had. Glad Sandy is home again. It must be weird cooking and cleaning up in a big kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite chilly. Not much sun here in the bush though. She is not home yet maybe tomorrow we will see.
      I am at home in any kitchen and have cooked in this one quite a few times over the years.

      Delete
    2. sorry, I misread it when you said Dennis came home. Hopefully soon then. :)

      Delete
  3. Shrimp in alfredo sounds mighty fine to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Numbers program is doable, but not near as good as Excel ... which I dearly loved. Adding, subtracting, moving stuff around .... it takes a little longer to get things done. Glad you are enjoying your Mac though ... and the lawn mowing ... that's got to be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do a lot in excel anymore so this should work for me, I might get Office to work yet when I feel in the mood.
      Always enjoyed my Mac and this one is even better.
      The lawn mowing is fun I enjoy it here nice mower and large areas to mow.

      Delete
  5. One of my all time favourites, "Shrimp Alfredo". Have you ever tried the Open Office Suite. I use it instead of MS Office on windoze. They have a version for the Mac and it has great reviews, and the free is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The love shrimp just about anyway always tasty and so easy to cook.
      I might look into that as well

      Delete
  6. Glad you like your new Mac! Nice of you to go over and mow the lawn, sure they appreciate it too! Dinner looked awesome..love alfredo, just not the shrimp..give me chicken LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving my new Mac. Mowing the lawn I find it very relaxing.
      With Sandy not here I can do the shrimp for Dennis he loves it.

      Delete
  7. Almost time to point the rig south again! Dinner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes peter only 47 more days.
      Thanks it was tasty.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.