Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tues. May 17th A trip to Forest

Join us as we travel North America in our 
Holiday Rambler Vacationer, since August 2006

       Yep its Tuesday warmer, and a bit dryer. Still overcast, drizzly, no sunshine again all day, but the day still happened anyway. Feels like we could be in London England.

       Morning coffees, computing and walkabouts then I decided to take a drive to Forest normally about 10 minutes away, but two detours made it a twenty minute drive. I took my sunglasses just in case. My first stop here was the Bargain Shop, got me a new pair of shorts for when the sun shines again, see I am optimistic. Then to the license office for a new sticker for our coach, The Beer Store for our favourite brew(sold out in Arkona), Foodland for some groceries and looked at my shopping list need printer paper. I was directed to the Dollar store (they were sold out), then Canadian Tire (no computer paper here), finally back to the Bargain Shop (the first place I stopped in town, but didn't look at my list here) got the paper. Then stopped at KFC for their Toonie Tuesday Special for our lunch (now $2.59 but not too bad) then back home.  Sure glad that Forest is not a big town, all these places are within a few blocks of each other.



       Now back home checked email and had a reply from Josh at Bradd and Hall in Elkhart Indiana, they have our cable in stock, so Suzie gave them a  phone call with payment and shipping information, we should have it in about a week or so.

      Well a couple of walkabouts, chat with a few people, I even repaired Suzie's favourite hand held calculator, over 20 years old , but small AND fixable amazing!
relaxing with a book
       Then relax a bit with a book and its time to start cookin (I wait all day for this moment). I fired up the Barbie and then it decided to rain, no problem we have the awning. For tonight a delicious grilled salmon fillet and rice pilaf just hit the spot.

soo good
       Then we can sit, chat for a while, read a bit then a season finale of NCIS. We will try for sunshine tomorrow I want to wear my new shorts!

       I changed the colours of our Google adds thanks to a tip from Kevin and Ruth, maybe we can generate a few more clicks and therefore a few more cents in the bank. These adds are spam free and usually relate somewhat to the content of our postings.

      As I am posting this I am seeing sunshine touching the tree tops, wow,!! gotta go now, talk later..
hit counters
Visitor Number
 
Notice the controls for this New Map on the left side, you can zoom into different areas of the map and see where we are or have been.
View Summer 2011 in a larger map

2 comments:

  1. Lots of stop & go, tires me out but sure gets the to do list crossed out. Love a rainy day and a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contessa:
    Yeah drizzly day got the list crossed out, and the rainy day book works pretty good too. Looks like a sunny book today, even better!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.