Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Pinery Flea Market, Grand bend. and Doggie fixes for Suzie

Where are we today ? 
clic a pic to enlarge it
      A light rain overnight and still drizzling this morning after a good nights sleep. Got some coffee consumed and a couple of walkabouts in the drizzle. Up by the one pond I noticed a few more Canada Geese . Before there was a family of 8 and this morning I counted 12! Looks like another family has moved right in. and they seem to be almost getting along.
More Geese here now
      Washed the rest of our coach with this lovely soft free rain water I have collected. coach almost looks like new again. Once our new paint cures I can wax our coach once again.
     Then about 9:30 am it was not raining so we headed into Grand Bend and the Pinery Flea market,. just because we could.  When we arrived the Discovery Channel was there filming this wonderul market. We even chatted with the owner of this market here as well for a while. I have been coming here since the late 1970's and watching it to grow, expand and prosper, always a fun place to check out on a summer Sunday by the beach.
      Sunday is the only day it is open and we wanted to pick up a few items at the NO Frills here, on sale, collect more points and get $10. worth of frees groceries  as well.
always enjoy this market ever changing
      A new vendor here from Garnd Bend Archies and they happened to have some souvenir TYE DIE t shirts on sale for $10. . Well heck I just had too have another. 10 dollars well spent for me.
my new shirt from Grand Bend
     We wandered the market for a while not too many people because of the overcast skies at least we had no rain, and next week is a long weekend here. This place will be packed !
pretty quiet we can walk through quickly
Did grab some pepperettes for Gerry and Melinda while here
I still have lots on hand
the food court is quiet this early
      After the market  stopped by the No Frills then Grandpa Jimmy's  Scottish Bakery  for some treats. Needed some Cornish Pasties and a sausage roll for us, and some Pasties for Gerry and Melinda.
a very nice Scottish Bakery
lots of different food items
         Around the corner and a quick cruise down the quiet main drag of the Bend, before the long weekend, still quiet but the weather was sure no beach weather today.
        As we headed back home the rains began, perfect timing . So we enjoyed a light tasty lunch with a bowl of chicken soup. Then outside for a while under our awning enjoying our page turners.
      At 3 pm we were invited over the Gerry and Melindas for Happy Hour.
all these geese right across form their trailer
       Once inside the dogs attacked Suzie. Tucker and Choco sure do love her!
Hi Suzie!
every one wants rubs and they got them
Oh Suzie has treats.
 be good guys and you will get some.
not yet Tucker, he is a good boy waits until he is told
     When we were in Grand Bend stopped by a Dollar Store and found the F 59 connectors I need for our cable on the roof. Bonus!!!
The blue one is too big need the gold coloured ones
will try them out tomorrow
       Back from  Happy hour just before 5 pm and the sun is shining and 70F with a cool breeze.
nice to see some blue skies today 
     So I preheated our oven, whipped up a salad and warmed up 2 Pasties for supper. Suzie likes them with gravy. No probelem some beef gravy mix here will take care of that.
love these Pasties
open up . meat veggie and potatoes
a touch of gravy and they are amazing
mind you , can eat them cold and plain to
are a great lunch
          That was our fun relaxing day checked out the Market picked up a few things and a tasty treat for supper.
         Again still outside after 8 pm . blog posted and cooling down, either I put on long pants or head inside soon, hmm , But can still read out here for bit yet.
         Thanks for taking the time to check us out and hope you had a decent Sunday as well.

 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com
Where have we been this summer?

26 comments:

  1. What a great day!! The Pinery Fkea Market looks like a place I would love to shop around in!
    That pastie looks delicious!!!
    Suzie, you are a doggie magnet!! They just stick to you!!🙂🐶🐾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pinery Market is a fun place to check out, and the Cornish Pasties are wonderful.
      The doggies just love Suzie and go nuts when they see her.

      Delete
  2. I would love to walk around The Pinery Flea Market the veggies look so good. And I have never had a pastie which looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of stiff to see at the market in a nice forest setting. The pastie is tasty, a nice pastry with meat, potato and veggie fulling.

      Delete
  3. The pups have worked out a well behaved Suzi sharing time. Does Suzi get a bit overwhelmed? Looks like fun to me. The Flea Market looks like it has a bit of everything to keep your interest for a morning browse. Do you have the crimp tool for the F-59 connectors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do share her pretty good and get along very well. She looks forward to seeing them. A bit of everything at the market and always changing for the better. Yes Jeff I have the proper crimp tool picked one up the other day.

      Delete
  4. Hey George where is the Scottish store. I would sure like to go check it out. I saw the big expanded goose family this morning. We passed by them quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Loree saw you walking by with Freddy about 5:40 this morning The Scottish bakery is on HWY 21 in grand Bend past the lights at the main Intersection on the right side. Right beside Subway and across from Tm Hortons. They have some nice interesting Scottish Bakery items, yummy !

      Delete
  5. What a cool market. I LOVE pasties but can't find any around here. I wonder if they ship?? I'll trade you the rain for some hot sunshine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful market that we enjoy. The Pasties are a real nice treat that we enjoy.I don't think they ship just a small local bakery, you can check their website or email them. Gonna be much warmer and sunny today, bt we will take some of yours in exchange for the rain.

      Delete
  6. I like your shirt and the pastie looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larry, just had to have another souvenir T shirt and these Pasties are so very tasty.

      Delete
  7. Love your shirt! It is so you and you brag about Grand Bend at the same time! The flea market looks like a great place to spend some time! Pasties always look good, after seeing inside I can see why you'd love them. Great Happy Hour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Guys, I feel right at home in this area and in these shirts too.
      We always enjoy the flea Market and these pasties make a real tasty meal.
      Happy hour is always fun.

      Delete
  8. The pics of Grand Bend brought back so many memories. I am not a blogger, nor do I own an RV - I guess I am a lurker who discovered your blog a long time ago and now read it every day. I lived at RCAF Stn Centralia in my late teens and early 20's and spent tons of time at "The Bend" I saw Ronnie Hawkins at the hotel there when he first came to the area. (I also saw The Everley Bros at the arena in Lucan lol) I enjoy seeing your posts especially from that part of the country. I spent many summer days at the Pinery as well. Now live in Ottawa since 1972 but sill have a connection to that area. Thanks for the memories.......Ruth McIntyre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth for lurking, glad to have you along and sharing the memories with us. I too spent a lot time at the Bend and the Pinery way back when. Have also seen Ronnie Hawkins and the Everly Bros in the area as well. Nice that we have a campground close to the area to hang out at.

      Delete
  9. My granny always said you know good people if an animal likes them i.e. pets or farm animals. She said animals are like children. They sense a non-threatening person and the child will instantly like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always believed that too. Guess I am not that nice, but our grandchildren seem to like me pretty much and Suzie as well.

      Delete
  10. Hey George! So happens the guys and I were in Grand Bend this weekend as well. Happened to see you come out of the Bakery, but it took me a minute to realise whom I was looking at, but did manage to snap a pic of you after you got in the car.
    Didn't think I wanted to risk running across the main drag yelling and waving my arms like a lunatic! Small world....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well heck Bob such a small world, after all these years it sure would have been nice to finally meet you. I can be a lunatic as well. We cruised the main drag then back here to Arkona. You guys still in the area? We be here for another week. Let me know and maybe get together or whatever.

      Delete
  11. Rock on with that shirt George!...You no longer have to use a flashlight at night...
    Upriver

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a great day. I love pasties too, and they are one of my favourite take-aways. They are particularly good on a cold winter's day, and we have had plenty of them here in Adelaide the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rosemary it was a wonderful day, They would bee very tasty on cold winter days and that what you are enjoying right now,hope you can keep warm.

      Delete
  13. another great day doing what you love. The flea market is fun
    Those pasties are delicious.
    And the rain fell about the same time for us on Sunday.😊

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.