Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Sunrise to sunset another wonderful winter day and a windows update you windows people may be interested in.

Where are we today ? 
clic a pic to enlarge it
         Cooler this morning at 6 am 45 f (7C) but as the sun came up so did the temperature quickly. With a couple of nice quiet walkabouts back home we both had long hot showers. Black tank is full (14 days this time) so may as fill our grey water tank too.
      Dump station only 100 yards away, so secure  the coach dump and fill our fresh water we are back and set up in 20 minutes before 10 am. Nice to get this stuff all done early in the day. Shorts on now and can enjoy another wonderful desert day.
the sun is just rising over the mountains
love theses clear blue skies

this sign says it all about the desert 
          By 9 am it was 75 F (23C) and very hot in the sun. So we secured to coach and drive the 100 yards to the dump station and and filled with fresh water again.
         A bit later we had cloud cover off and on all day and east winds about 12 mph. Still 75 f all day very comfy out of the wind.
         After a light lunch and a couple more walkabouts we found the perfect spot to enjoy our e-readers. In the sun and out of the wind.
your car makes a perfect windbreak
     On one of my walkabouts I spotted this tiny motorhome,
kinda cute
another view from our site looking south
      Before we know it time to begin making supper. Boy the time flies when we can both enjoy reading outside with this amazing December weather.
       This minute rice we picked up free samples last January at the Rv show in Quartzite one cup is perfect for us to share.
very tasty and easy
       Tonight  salmon with dill Sauce recipe click HERE or my recipe blog top right side bar I like to do this on our Weber Q when I can works wonderful.
about 30 minutes until cooked
add the dill sauce until heated through
add some rice and the salad
excellent
     What better way to end a perfect day other than with another colourful desert sunset.

      And as a bonus I am sitting outside writing this blog and posting it after 7:30pm still 65F (18C) . But I keep getting distracted with these amazing star filled skies.
      Just wanna thank y'all for stopping by and thank you for all wonderful comments that we enjoy reading.

               A heads up from Suzie with a windows 10 update she did  

   She installed the Fall Creators update for windows 10.
I did it yesterday and lost my favourites in Microsoft Edge. I also thought I lost all my documents but I did find them after I re-installed from my backup.
It is almost like a new computer. So far I haven't noticed any programs that I might have lost but had to set up Quicken and Family Tree.

Just to give you a heads up. It sure pays to back up your computer frequently.

 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com
Where have we been this winter ?

24 comments:

  1. Appreciate the heads up about the Windows 10 update.
    What a great sunset you had today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzie thought I should share this info with our readers. It might help.
      Thanks everyday is a a different amazing sunset..

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I think WinDoz is just evil! Thanks for the heads up! Beautiful sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe WinDoz is evil that's why I love my Mac. We love'm too.

      Delete
  3. What a perfect weather day to enjoy outdoors, and then a stunning sunset...what a great way to end the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little motorhome doesn't look like it has much more room that the old VW Westfalia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right Bill built on a Chevy Astro chasis, but would be cozy for one person.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the tip on Windows 10. Yikes!
    I love salmon on the barby. We use sourcream instead of milk like in your recipe. I like the idea of adding tomatoes. Will try it.
    Aren't those Arizona sunsets wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tomatoes really add a nice touch.
      Nothing quite like these sunsets.

      Delete
  6. good to know we can bring rice into the US this year. Thanks. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have always had rice and never had an issue. They have never asked.

      Delete
    2. We had a huge tub of Jasmine rice but because it wasn't in it's original package they took it at the border. (Osoyoos)

      Delete
    3. Our were free samples we got in Quartzite so should not be an issue. And in original packages.

      Delete
  7. Did the windows 10 update the other day but don't use Edge. It seems Windows gets slower with every release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it does get slower and new computers et faster.

      Delete
  8. The salmon and dill sauce looks and sounds delicious. Very pretty sunset shot, especially with the cactus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Larry, love this recipe eery tasty and the cactus is right there in out=r line of fire.

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful day from beginning to end! The sunset is incredible! I hate windows! My yelling and screaming at a Windows computer is why Ken bought me my Mac..will never go back to anything else. We were talked into that one ASUS a few years ago. Never again!! Bless Suzie and her patience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a perfect day, thats for sure and more in the near future as well.
      I hate windows as well and do love my Mac 8 years now, it just seems to just work.

      Delete
  10. Thanks Suzie for the Windows info.
    Nice sunsets, one reason to love the clouds. We had full sun yesterday so didn't get the sky changes.
    Another recipe I need to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzie wanted me to shared with our readers hope it helps.
      Really gotta love these desert sunsets.
      Love this recipe think you would enjoy it.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.