Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Overcast day, but no rain, and did get some things taken care of.

Where are we today ? 
clic a pic to enlarge it
        A very nice sleep with a quiet night and some overnight rains we had. Up at my usual early time this morning and when the coffees and computing were done, a nice walkabout town for a mile. Today overcast but no rain predicted.
       Then we did a quick trip to New Hamburg for Suzie to pick up here new glasses, fill the gas can for the mower and a few groceries.
      Had a bite for lunch and then I hopped on the mower hoping to cut a few more acres here. I did a bit for about an hour, but it is too wet and too long. So will wait until tomorrow, supposed to be warmer and sunny all day, to get more done.
I am 1/2 way back on the yard
goes back to that very tall tree near centre,left
too long and too wet will do more tomorrow
          At 1 pm we went to New Hamburg to pick up Suzie's  Dad and take into Kitchener for a couple of tests. I dropped them off and picked up my new Glasses, (WOW I can see clearly now!) Amazing what a good optometrist can do to help you see.
     Made another stop along the way at the TSC store for her Dad, Did not have what he wanted but I got me a new everyday straw hat. My old one was in pretty sad shape.
me new hat, in much better shape than my old everyday hat
most important Suzie likes it.
     Home by 3:30 and we sat outside reading for a bit then, preheat our Weber Q, make our salad, and grill a couple of bone in, skinless chicken breasts I picked up this morning , on sale as usual
How we finally have sunshine !
after 5 pm...
much nicer when the sun is shining
chicken on the grill mat done perfectly
add the salad was wonderful
         We did have some leftover chicken for lunches and the bones. Think I will make a pot of soup in the morning, its been a while.
         Now still a warm evening so we enjoyed sitting outside until 8 pm and I finished another page turner by John Sanford , "Eyes of pray". Perfect timing next book,,,A new Author Josh Behar "Prologue, Cause to kill"
         Want to thank y'all for dropping on by and I just know you had a great day as well.
 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com
Where have we been this summer?

11 comments:

  1. Nice looking hat. Hope it provides the shade you'll need tomorrow mowing the next section.
    BTW - thanks for book ideas, I'll see if the local library has Josh Behar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff was time for a new everyday hat. I have a Pith Helmut I wear when cutting the grass, good shade and protects my head from low branches too.

      Delete
  2. The grass sure has been growing fast! Seem to have to cut every other day right now. Nice hat. Enjoyed seeing pictures of your family gathered for your birthday party George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loree we sure had fun with the family. The grass is almost growing faster than I can cut is here

      Delete
  3. I love it when the only thing I have to do for the day is get groceries. Nice hat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy . New hat for my birthday. And a nice relaxing day here.

      Delete
  4. Your new glasses look just like mine! The new hat suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice hat, George! You'll get the lawn cut today, Wednesday, a much nicer day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished Rules of Prey by John Sandford and it is excellent and a fast read.

      Delete
    2. I did get the first cutting finished today weather was awesome !
      Love reading Sanford always a good read.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.