Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tuesday stuff, getting cooler for a few days.

Where are we today ?
        A wonderful sunrise on my early morning drive then back to New Hamburg to help Suzie do some more cleaning and purging. 
        Got a lot more done in a few hours then I ran to the store for a few food items for Supper.  Gotta love small town country living, I ran into three woman from Plattsville at the store. Nice to catch up and chat a bit with Debbie, Barb and Rose. Don't see them so much anymore but kinda cool to run into all three separately at the same store on a Tuesday morning, nice to catch up again guys! I know at least 2 of the 3 read our blog on a regular basis, but don't comment,  how do I know? They told me so.
        We had a light lunch then Suzie off with her Dad to visit her mom for the afternoon. I had a few more chores to do and even managed a couple miles on the indoor track as well.
        They had chickens on sale so picked up a couple, and her Dad loves chicken as much as we do so had him over for supper when they got back from the hospital. It was a big chicken no problem there, still have leftovers. How do I do the chicken on our Weber Q 100, just click here or my recipe blog on the top of the right sidebar.
        Was a treat for us mashed red taters, frozen mixed veggies, Swiss Chalet dipping sauce and a package of Pillsbury Crescent rolls. What the heck we can enjoy a good comfort food meal once in a while right? After all we have been good and I have lost about 50 lbs, really can't loose too much more now. I feel awesome! Moderation is the trick.
Our Weber Q doing another great chicken
put it all together and tastes wonderful
then over the top, strawberries and ice cream
         We were gonna go for a walk, but still kinda chilly and windy plus we got lazy after that huge meal. Was a wonderful day though.
        Thanks for taking a peak again, hope your day was wonderful too.

Check out the interactive map below to see where we have been this past Winter.

14 comments:

  1. I'll take two orders of that strawberry and ice cream dish. Please send it the fastest way possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha,,, you will have to like your monitor, all gone now.

      Delete
  2. Maybe we're bring the cold weather home with us. It got really windy today even going through the mountains. I was hoping to bring the Florida temps with us but no such luck.
    Here's hoping you warm up for the weekend.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nom much better weather then either, but still a lot better than what we had.

      Delete
  3. Spring is just like that. Sometimes it's cool and sometimes it's warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it is , no matter though if we don't like it we could move.

      Delete
  4. Always great to run into friends and have a catch-up....but 3 in the one day...bonus for sure....P.S. check out Will Burson on You Tube - he talks about the e-begging thingie......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah 3 friends in 20 minutes no less.
      Thanks Leslie will do that.

      Delete
  5. 50 lbs? Good for you. Too bad you have to wear skis in the shower now, you're so skinny you'll go down the drain! :cD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw, not that skinny, besides skis won't fit in the shower here and especially the Rv shower.

      Delete
  6. Even though I'm single, you've inspired me to cook more of my meals instead of nuking a frozen dinner. It's actually relaxing to prepare food...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Cheryl, even my single years before my restaurant I discovered that I enjoyed cooking. And Like you said I find it relaxing and therapeutic.
      Plus if done right much healthier too. We are not usually in that much of hurry that I can't take the time to make a meal. Planning ahead helps too.

      Delete
  7. Eating is my very most favorite hobby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, plus cooking awesome meals to eat too.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.