Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Monday, July 15, 2013

Its a super hot day so let's steam clean our carpets and a couple boo, boos....

Where are we today ? 
         Warm morning and gonna be a hot day, but we have a plan. Gonna rent a steam cleaning carpet cleaner and steam clean the inside of our coach. Of course today happens to be one on the hottest days of the summer here. Temps to be 30c but with 85% humidity feels like 37c (99F). So got our a/c going first thing this morning to keep things cool enough to work inside.
         Picked up the steam cleaner at 8am and were already to go shortly after 9 o'clock. Cleaned all the upholstery the did the carpets. Going good until I blew the 30 amp breaker for our site. OOPPS forgot we had the fridge, water heater on electric and with the steam cleaner was too much. Suzie got in touch with management and soon the problem was resolved. (no individual breakers for each site).
          Now everything was done but seemed to use way to much cleaner this time so checked the direction again OOOPPS again 16 ml of shampoo per litre of water. I read it wrong and used 16 oz per litre not good! Not the first time I have used these machines either,we do it every year.
         Must have had a senior's moment so checked it out to see if there is a problem with too much shampoo. Yep sure is a problem, if you use too much shampoo it will the attract the dirt and get very dirty much sooner. Solution do it all over again with plain hot water, not really what I had in mind on the hot day. But got'er done and by 1 pm took the machine over to Emile and Moniques so they could do their trailer (nice to share to cost).
dinette cushions drying in the sun
        While I did this Suzie took our throw blankets to the laundrymat in the park and made them look like new again too. Including our Mexcian Blanket we bought in Mazatlan Mexico 2009.
looks like new
carpets and coach look clean as new too
          Now all done and still very hot and sticky out, so off to the pool, lower our core body temperature and soon feel refreshed and good as new again. Think I drank a couple litres of water today as well to keep me hydrated.
pool is warm but still refreshing
        After cooling down we even had a chance to read while in the shade with a nice breeze, felt so nice. Then again at 4 o'clock a few friends dropped by for a social hour. Ice cold refreshments we had (everybody brings their beverage of choice) and we supplied some ice cold chunks of watermelon, perfect on a day like today!
        Then time for a bite to eat, something real easy and quick so just grilled a couple jumbo hot dogs made a tossed salad with cottage cheese and a simple store bought potato salad took care of tonight's supper.
of course had to load my dog with everything,
 peanut butter, mayo,
 cheese, green onions, relish, tomato and mustard.
         After supper just continued to enjoy another warm summer evening with Suzie, my computer and my book, waiting for our carpets and upholstery inside to dry.
         Enough work for today and we getting all cleaned up. Thanks for stopping by and hope you managed keep cool with this wonderful heat wave we are having.
 Posted by George, a.k.a. "The Weber "Q" Man of Blogland" according to Rick Doyle.
Check out the map below to see where we have been this summer
View Summer 2013 in a larger map

20 comments:

  1. That sounds like hot work on a very hot day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow a hot job for a hot day....nice to have it behind you tho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to get done at least once a year, cool inside.

      Delete
  3. You put peanut butter on your hot dog? Some things are just so wrong... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea! I think we should schedule that too. Our carpets need a good cleaning! Thanks for planting the thought in my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you have motivated me to steam clean our bedroom carpet.

    Peanut butter on a hot dog? Never heard of that before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, I have made the same mistake with the shampoo. When I walked on the carpet, it made a squishing noise. I, too, had to get out the hot water.

    One of our favorite meals is hot dogs on the grill. Nothing compares to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hot dogs on the grill, not so much Suzie thou.

      Delete
  7. Now that's a new one...peanut butter on hot dogs!

    Isn't it nice to wake up this morning to a very clean home? We should do the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have put peanut butter on my hot dogs for as long as I can remember.
      Coach is getting there a few more walls to wash and the mini blinds.

      Delete
  8. I don't care what you say, George, I'm not putting peanut butter on my hot dog - there otto' be a law against that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each to their own, I like it and so a lot of people I know.

      Delete
  9. Looking good except for the PB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love dogs (the eatin' kind, mostly) but I'm afraid the peanut butter wouldn't work for me either.
    We have a carpet on our landing that I'll have to shampoo at some point. Probably wait until fall though. I should be done traipsing on it by then, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I have the peanut butter all to myself then, no problem.
      Good idea wait until you done making the big mess then clean it.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.