Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Monday, August 22, 2022

News

Back in May I took the Saturn into my garage in Tavistock as the A/C wasn't working very well. The garage did a temporary fix. To fix it properly, I need $1,700 worth of repair if they can find the part. Unfortunately, the part was not available in Ontario and had to come from the United States which would make the repair much more expensive. I have found that parts for the Saturn are hard to find for a 20 year old car.

Over the last couple of years, I have been researching for a new car. Now with the bill to fix the A/C the decision was made.

I have always liked the Honda Civic Sedan. So off to Woodstock I went to see what they had or I could get. Stratford Honda didn't seem very interested in helping me get a new car. Woodstock Honda had 4 on order to arrive at their location early August.  On May 21st, I signed the paperwork for a Honda Civic Sedan EX. The price and interest rate were guaranteed. I then just needed to wait. Some people who know me, know that I'm not always very patient.

I went to Rock Glen for the Canadian July long weekend and on the drive my A/C totally quit. With having wind up windows, I needed to make a stop to open a couple of windows to try and stay cool. Not very successful. I was out of the park by 9 am to get back home before the it got really hot.

Finally on Friday, August 19th, I was able to pick up the Honda. What a joy it was to have A/C. I will have a huge learning curve as there are so many features that I didn't have in the Saturn.


After getting the Honda, I went home and packed up the car to go to Rock Glen for the weekend. I was told that George was going to presented with an award and they wanted me to be there to accept it. 

Rock Glen had their 50th Anniversary celebration on Saturday. There were a lot of awards given to people as appreciation to what they do for the park and to various members. Kristy presented me with the Best News award as George was always promoting the park. She also said that he was famous for his tie dye shirts.




They also had certificates for the loyal campers. The certificates were given out for every 10 year duration, starting with 1972. We joined Rock Glen in 2006. We always enjoyed our stay and the membership.

It was a great weekend. A lot of people were involved with this special occasion for Rock Glen. Thanks to all of you who put this celebration together.

The Honda is a pleasure to drive. I had no issues to or from Rock Glen. Now I start the process of learning more about the features that I have. I have even started looking through the manual.

Thanking everyone in advance for your comments.

28 comments:

  1. Sounds like you spent a wonderful weekend at Rock Glenn. Lots of good memories there for you, I am sure.
    That is one nice looking new car, congratulations! Have fun figuring out all the new features...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun or frustrating. Tried to get the hood open yesterday but I didn't have any luck. This morning I had 3 guys trying to figure it out. Finally, success. Now I can do that.

      Delete
  2. Exciting news about your new car. Happy you are still enjoying Rock Glen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely post Sue. Nice to hear about the award for Geo, and I’m sure he’d love the new car. Congratulations!
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He would have appreciated it and love the car as well.

      Delete
  4. Hi Suzie, Glad you finally landed a new vehicle. This was a tough year to find one! I pray you drive it many, many safe miles. Nice to remember George, and I'm glad the park honored him like that. He was such a super guy. Cheers, Clancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could have been worse. I got lucky when they had cars on order. He sure was a super guy.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the update Suzie! Always good to hear from you and know that you are doing well! Take care and do keep in touch! Kathy / It's about time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful honor for George. Glad you were able to be there. I had to laugh when you talked about rolling down the windows by hand because that is what I have to do. I'm hoping for a newer car by next summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He deserved the honour for sure. Good luck for next year.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on the new car and the award.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeanette & RenéAugust 22, 2022 5:14 pm

    Great recognition for you and George. And the new Honda is so well deserved. You will forever enjoy driving it. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already enjoy driving it. The learning curve is a challenge.

      Delete
  9. That's a neat looking car and after all those years in the Saturn you sure deserve it! Guess the "AWD100" didn't cut it anymore. (All windows down driving 100 km) Nice to get the recognition from Rock Glenn Resort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Saturn was getting expensive in repairs. I love my Honda.

      Delete
    2. Recognition is always nice.

      Delete
  10. Nice looking car. We are certain you will enjoy it.
    Nice that Rock Glen presented the award in honour of George.
    Looking forward to reading about more of your adventures.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That’s great. Enjoy the new honda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great little car for you! It's lovely! Congrats again to George for the award and it was wonderful that you could accept it on his behalf. I'm glad you still enjoy the park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The membership to the park was the best investment we did.

      Delete
  13. I think George would approve of your new car! What a beauty!! Congrats on the award for George. He definitely deserves it!! Wonderful of Rock Glen to do that!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great the Rock Glen do give him an award.

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on the new car Suzie! Very nice! I love that George got that award from Rock Glen, he sure deserved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both George and you always promoted Rock Glen. I am glad you were able to attend and accept the award on his behalf. Your new car is lovely and I am sure you will get the hang of it in no time. Take care of yourself and thank you for continuing to post.

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.