Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Friday, September 18, 2020

Successful Dinner and Memorial Stone

Two weeks ago, I invited my Dad, sister and brother-in-law for dinner. They were the first guests I had over for a meal.  I prepared a beef roast in the slow cooker with carrots, baked potatoes and Caesar salad. For dessert I baked a Peach Crisp. The meal was a success. I had enough leftovers for another dinner for myself. I didn’t have a container for dessert so I borrowed a 9 x 9 Pampered Chef from a neighbour. About half of the dessert was eaten, therefore, I shared some leftovers as a thank you for the borrowing of the dish and keeping several servings for myself.

George’s memorial stone is in place.  It was decided that the 2 families would get together to share more memories. So, this past Sunday we got together at the cemetery.

Grand daughter #2 at the funeral said to me that Grandad needed a stone. I promised her that he would get one. She was finally able to see it. With Covid-19 the whole process of getting the stone was delayed. With it now in place, we were able to see it.

The plan was to go to the Trail’s Edge in Plattsville for a meal. Unfortunately that didn’t work out as Plattsville didn’t have power.  An alternate restaurant Scran & Dram Scottish House in New Hamburg was selected.  We had a very enjoyable meal. Lots of laughs and creating more memories. Everyone enjoyed watching the 2 youngest granddaughters. They are definitely a pair. 



I have finally been able to go back to Rock Glen for a 3 night visit in a cabin on Monday the 14th. Friends let me know that they were going in, so I of course planned the stay. I had asked them to let me know when they were going. I let another couple know and they arrived Monday as well. 

We all got together on Monday for a social time. It was great to see everyone. We all got caught up as we haven’t seen everyone for almost a year.

As soon as I informed the couple in the park of the impending visit, I was invited for supper.  I got, (as George would say) a doggie fix with Tucker. It was a great supper. One less meal for me to cook. 

Tuesday morning I had no heat in the cabin. I was quite cosy in bed but not so much out of bed.  The fireplace had been turned off. Maintenance came and fixed that by turning the pilot light on in the fireplace. Now I won’t be cold in the morning. 

Also on Tuesday, Rob came over to continue a tradition of having fresh perked coffee. He doesn’t like reheated coffee. George and I would make a pot and it would last for a couple of days. Being as I brought the perk with me I thought he would enjoy fresh perked coffee.

On Wednesday a group of us went to Skeeter Barlow's and enjoyed a wonderful meal.
I had an Awesome visit at Rock Glen. It was great to see people who I haven't seen in a while. Social times each day was very fun with lots of laughs. I will be back, but not sure when.

This milk can was given to us, including my siblings, one year for Christmas from my parents. They had the cans painted with a picture of the farm I grew up on. My father has been storing it for me and now I have it back.

Continuing to live each day going forward.

23 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Suzie!

    Terri in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very Happy Birthday. I am so glad to see you doing so well. I'm sure you have 'moments', but you are surrounded by families and loved friends. All the very best to you Suzie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! That headstone is beautiful - and so fitting. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Nice to see you doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Suzie. I enjoy each posting. I love the headstone.. it is perfect! It's great to see you spending time with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Suzie. What a beautiful headstone. So glad to see you spending time with family and friends. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The headstone is very nice and so fitting. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and befitting Memorial headstone. I liked the fact that you included the name of your blog. I am sure George would approve.

    May you have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know you are doing well. The headstone for George is beautiful. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful headstone! It is absolutely perfect. So nice that you got together with family and then friends at Rock Glen.
    Now that that first time is behind you it will get easier each year. I obviously missed your birthday so Bill and I send a belated happy birthday wish. No doubt it was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Suzie! The headstone is a great tribute to George and your awesome travels.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! The headstone is perfect. It's good to see you enjoying family and friends. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday Suzie sorry I missed you when you were here

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Suzi, I am happy to see you had some friends to celebrate with.

    ReplyDelete
  15. First a Happy Birthday to you Suzie. Glad you are getting settled in and having time to visit with many of the RVing Friends that you both made. Also nice to get that Tucker Fix.
    Very nice Memorial Marker. A Work of Art that many will appreciate.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Suzie and best wishes for the future. That milk can is awesome, such a great big farm you grew up on. Wonderful memento and conversation piece.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Suzie!

    Happy to hear your dinner went off so well.
    The headstone is awesome to say the least. And the gathering afterwards.
    I bet it was wonderful staying in the cabin and enjoying all the friends and gatherings with lots of laughter.

    Keep moving forward one day at a time. Take care Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful memorial stone Suzie! I'm glad you were able to get out to Rock Glen and catch up with people. And way to go on making your first company meal, it sounded very tasty :-)

    One day at a time, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a real nice looking stone and what a great idea to have that photo of you guys and the rig put on it. So fitting and so perfect. George would have thought that was just a truly Awesome idea. And a very Happy Birthday to you:))))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Susan
    Happy belated Birthday. I just found this post again Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Belated Happy Birthday! Great to get everyone together again in George's memory.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful headstone. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.