Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Friday, May 19, 2017

Still windy, much colder, and a fun pre-birthday feast with friends. Thanks guys.

Where are we today ?
clic a pic to enlarge it
         We enjoyed a summer teaser the last couple of days and loved every minute of it. But just like the weather gods predicted got cooler last night 40F (4c) at 5 am and only got to 52 F (11 c) today, over 30 f degrees colder than yesterdays wonderful day. Overcast all day and cold winds, so not a great day for sitting outside. Definitely not a day for shorts but did manage to put on a few layers and get some walkabouts and lots fresh air.
         Campground filling up for this long weekend so lots people out and about.
our row almost full this morning
      A little more coffee and checking emails, then a light lunch, Some of my homemade  Ham bean soup I took out of the freezer was great for this cool weather, I had saved some just for this.
      Then a good day for a nice workout at the amazing fitness centre here, just to make sure I keep using all these muscles and try to keep limber.
       Now to carve up this full pork loin I picked up on special this week $1.99 a lb. It was a 7.95 lb cut for $15.91.  and this will give us quite a few meals, 4 thick boneless chops, and 4 nice sized pork loin roasts. We sure do love this lean cut of very tender pork and what a great deal. Stock up our freezer when we can get the deals.
this was the deal 
lotsa of good eating here
       Today is Friday and at the Arkona Fairways golf course behind us is Mulligan's grill, Friday is Wing night and it was my wish to go there chicken wings. My choice today for my birthday dinner tomorrow. It's my Birthday and we can celebrate it when I like right? So with Suzie cooking tonight, she will take me out for wings. Now we did invite a few friends from the park here so 12 of our closest friends here managed to show up and help me celebrate my chicken wing feast. They ate too whatever they wanted. The service was pretty good, they did their best, no complaints from us thats for sure. And only 3 minutes from the campground.
        Did we have fun? Yup we did, lots of laughs, great company and good food. A fun way to celebrate my birthday, a day early but no problem here, the wing night was tonight and that was what I wanted.
smiles, toasts, laughs, good food,
perfect, thats me in the left rear corner with the hat
and they even sang Happy Birthday !
In the photo above from left to right.
Nellie, Joe, Judy, Gerry, Melinda, Suzie, Me, Brian, June, Bill, Eleanor, Paul, Monique, Emile.
        I had asked for no cards or gifts, but this card I guess they could not refuse, guess they have been hanging around me too long LOL. Thanks guys.
      Thanks guys for the company, the laughs and the happy birthday sing song, such wonderful friends you meet when camping. And sharing my birthday meal with us.
      We go out for food like this that I don't cook at home anymore and is a nice treat. Not good for you but was so tasty, moderation is the secret right? Not much moderation tonight, but heck it's my birthday.
Battered mushrooms with ranch dip 
a dozen wings with my extra suicide sauce
and a few fries
chicken quesadilla for Suzie

       Now that was all I wanted for my birthday, a tasty treat for supper, a few laughs with friends and my honey Suzie, can't do too much better than that now can we? We took Paul and Judy with us so we could have a designated driver, thanks guys!
this is in the valley here,almost full was empty 3 days ago
         Still no sunshine and getting colder, not to nice to be outside much any more today. So in we go , turn on our Mr. Heater to take the chill of and call it another very nice day after all.
          Thanks for stopping on by again and hope your weather was not too chilly today, heck at least no snow !


Where have we been this summer ?

19 comments:

  1. Looks like a very Happy Birthday! Best wishes for many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff figured we could celebrate the day before so I can relax on my birthday !

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday George, have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and our best wishes for you. Hope your day was good and nice to enjoy with so many good friends!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun day with a few of our good friends.

      Delete
  4. A wonderful birthday celebration! Happy Birthday, George! Now today you will have a warm day for your actual day. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy, it was a fun time for sure and my actually birthday the warmer weather will be perfect to enjoy some outside fun.

      Delete
  5. I like to do a pork loin the same way. I'll gladly trade your 50's temps for our 90

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect way to have some good meals at a reasonable price. You can have the 50's I would prefer the 90's, myself.

      Delete
  6. Thanks Guys for joining us the company wonderful as usual. Thanks for driving home too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday! Looks like you had an awesome pre Birthday dinner and fun with friends..gotta say that food all looked amazing! Enjoy your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was a fun time had by all ! And yes our food was wonderful

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday George. Glad you had a fun night last night. Enjoy your special day today!

    We love buying those pork loins when they are on sale as well. We cut them us too but I usually do more pork chops and less roasts. I usually cut some into cubes as well for a stir fry and another for kebobs.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was a great night and today will be as well.
      Suzie prefers the pork roasts so then we have leftovers for lunches or whatever , but they are a great deal when on sale.

      Delete
  9. Looks like you had a great Birthday George, many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, looking forward to many more as well.

      Delete
  10. A great early start to your birthday with frinds and good pub grub! Happy birthday and many more! Finally sunshine here on the left coast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter it was a great start for my Birthday weekend. Our sunshine is back again today, enjoy it there on the left coast

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.