Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Polish our coach a bit, read for a while, social hour and a tasty supper, life is good!

Where are we today ? 
        Wow are we having some amazing summertime weather! Cool nights hot days, lotsa sunshine does it get much better?? Think not, well maybe a soft sandy beach with warm water, a good book and shade.
         We have the shade, good books, nice pool, cool beverages and the babe here to keep me company, just missing the sand, but can deal with that. Only gets between your toes and other places too.
          Today I felt energetic and got into beginning the process of polishing our coach that I usually do at least once a year. I start with Meguiar's Ultimate compound remove oxidization then use the TechWax 2.0  to give it the ultimate shine, usually good for at least a year.  I use a 6 inch Jobmate dual action polisher, that works awesome. To compound and buff the wax to a high gloss shine. This is so nice because I can use it with one hand even up on the top of my ladder.
polishing done now just buffing the wax
got 1/4 of our coach done in a little over 90 minutes
         Enough for one day, I learned a long time ago not to overwork my lower back, if I do that takes many visits to the chiropractor to put things back in place.
         So time for me to take it easy and make lunch for me and Suzie. Today a western Quesadilla on our Weber Q. Essentially a western , which is a like and omelet.  4 eggs , some meat, ham or whatever, a bit of onion all fried up. Then I took two tortillas heated then on the grill a bit, topped one with some shredded cheese, topped with the western and another tortilla, flipped it over (grill on low) until the cheese melted and was done nicely for a very tasty brunch.
warm tortilla
western ready
flip over and make sure the cheese is melted
 a bit of ketchup and Franks red hot sauce,
sure hit the spot for a nice brunch
          Then the afternoon we just puttered around a bit more , enjoyed our books in the shade and then what happens? It's  4 o'clock, (Social hour) Emile, Monique and a new friend Bob dropped by to chat for a bit , then Pat and Norm joined in too.
         But now 5:30 so I fired up our Weber Q to grill some carrots and onions in foil.  A few sweet potato slices and a couple marinated pork loin chops for a very tasty supper.
        Chops were marinated in a bit of olive oil, soya sauce, thyme and a montreal steak spice for about three hours.
the rest of our baguette and we have a winner
        So there a wonderful productive sunny summer saturday we had. Hope yours was good too.
        Thanks for stopping by and if you have time stop in again tomorrow.
 Posted by George, a.k.a. "The Weber "Q" Man of Blogland" according to Rick Doyle.
Check out the map below to see where we have been this summer
View Summer 2013 in a larger map

16 comments:

  1. I love the details of what you fix because they are fast, easy, few items needed and they are on the Weber! Thanks for all the tips and keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the KISS (keep i simple silly)recipes, never did like those complicated recipes with a million ingredients. Cooking is easy and fun if it is not complicated and I can do it outdoors.

      Delete
  2. Your polishing looks great. A little at a time or slow and steady wins the race.

    Like your idea of the quesadillas look good on the Weber. I do something similar but on the stove top. Think we will have to try that out next time on the Weber.

    Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to polish the coach in one or two days, but ended up too painful, this takes longer but my lower back likes it.
      Cooking outside keeps the heat out of the kitchen.

      Delete
  3. The coach is looking great...almost as good as lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its coming slowly, a little lunch to keep going.

      Delete
  4. Yummy looking omelet!

    Way smart to take your time polishing the MH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lunch looks terrific - so does the polishing job on the rig!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pith helmet. That's part of the buffing program I'm guessing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha did not think anyone would notice my pith helmut. Old eagle ye Bob spotted it thou. It's also nice a cool on a humid day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, both the coach and the food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just having fun here getting stuff done and enjoying the weather.

      Delete
  9. I'm taking this "thingy" that you put over the burner and grill things on your stovetop since I don't have room for a grill in my Toyota Dolphin. It has a ring that you can put water, beer, or wine in to enhance the flavor of what your cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one of those "thingys" too work pretty good, but did not use since I got my Weber, gave it too my daughter.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.