Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Thursday, August 10, 2017

What to do on a hot summer day? Enjoy it outside of course.

Where are we today ?
clic a pic to enlarge it
     We are really enjoying this wonderful warm summer weather. Again windows open all night a great sleep, so quiet here as usual. Temps today did get into the high 80's F (31C) even though our thermometer in the shad under ou awning read 99f same as yesterday.
      A nice long walkabout town this morning then a wonderful country drive to New Hamburg for  a few groceries, need a cucumber , and also picked up and 11b seedless Watermelon for 3 Bucks. we like Watermelon with this warm weather and its good for you as well!  Also grabbed a 7 lb pork loin on sale for $14.00 will get a few roasts and chops from that as well.
      While I was there I spotted some Minneloa Oranges that we first had in Borrego Springs California  2 years ago right from the orchard and fell in love with them, hard to find around here and not cheap but they are oh too good!
Minneola orange , love them
      About noon, it was time for a nice light tasty lunch, so I spit an orange and banana with Suzie some tasty watermelon and a bit of leftover chicken sure hit the spot for a very tasty lunch.
this sure hit the spot on another hot summer day
    Then we both got into our e-readers, what better way to spend a hot summer afternoon in the shade other then enjoying good books? I finished one and got right into another Page turner by a new author to me. This is the one below. Even more of a page turner, but finally I had to put it down t get supper ready. I was so engrossed in my book I forgot to go for a dip in the pool! Shame on me.
another page turner
     Oh I did take a break for a few minutes to lube our electric steps with some white Lithium grease, I like to do that every month or so, only takes a few minutes. Then right back to my e-reader.
keep the steps lubed , just a bit more preventive maintenance 
another perfect summer day
        At one point we heard a noise down the road so went to take a look, The fire department was on their way back from a small fire hay fire,  and noticed this wire across the road that was hanging pretty low. Was a Cable Tv wire. They just stopped to check it out and notify Rogers cable. Our excitement for the day.
the cable just above the rear of the firetruck
        Now I got to preheat our Weber Q, whip up a tasty green salad and grill a nice size basa fillet for supper.
this sure hit the spot tonight so tasty
    So here we are after supper outside, posting this blog in a hurry so I can get back into my book again. Only 7:45 but now I can get to this page this book for a while.
     What a wonderful summer day again, outside all day, does it get much better than this? Think not.
     Thanks for taking the time to check us out again and hope you had some wonderful summer weather  as well.
Where have we been this summer ?

6 comments:

  1. Another great day in Paradise. Shame on you for not getting into the pool on such a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure was a great day, no complaints here, sometimes I just can't find time to go to the pool.

      Delete
  2. That is the kind of excitement I like to have - almost none.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our kind of excitement as well, we like to pace ourselves.

      Delete
  3. Good thing you didn't take a dip in the pool. You said you couldn't put the book down and e-readers don't do well in water... :cD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, but they do make a waterproof KOBO. Not mine though.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.