Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Monday, January 25, 2016

A hike up Q mountain (hill) was fun on a wonderful sunny day.

Where are we today ?
click on a picture to make it larger
       Today is a typical desert day in southern Arizona cool nights and warm sunny days that's why we love it here.
       Did a  trip to Blythe early to get a few groceries and home before 10 am.
       Putter around a bit, a light lunch then Clancy and I made trip over to Q Mountain (hill) to hike the peak. Something I have wanted to do for quite a while but Suzie will not do it and does not want me to go alone.  Whippee Clancy will go with me.
This be the Q
       Heading on up take a few pics the view is wonderful
 a pretty easy walk but still better than none
Clancy and I having a fun time
          At the top we relaxed a bit, but I had to sit down. I have a fear of heights (vertigo I think)  But I did it !!!
the big tent in the distance 
the flag at the top, we did it ! 
an old mine to the south
an atv down below
         Now heading down for me was a challenge, as long as I did not look down I just looked at my feet I was alright. Other wise not too good. Stopped to take a couple pics then we back down to the car.
        Around town stopped at Gem World and HI Jolly cemetery to show her why the camels here on the Quartzsite signs. If you care read about it here
         Back to home dirt and we have company that just dropped by. Rolling from Wasaga Steve and Jane stopped in to say HI! Their first time here in the southwest and had planned to come to Bloggerfest but got tied up in the BIG Tent. Hope they enjoy their time here in the southwest. Chatting with them for a while, not nearly long enough, Their house near Wasaga Beach Ontario is only a few blocks from our cottage that I spent about 10 years as a child in the late 1950's to the mid 1960's , now that is a small world ! hope they enjoy the southwest that we love.
        Would be nice to see them again.
        Now about 3 pm time for Happy Hour at John and Barbs. Toni and Doug (Palamine)secured their trailer and headed back to Pilot Knob by Yuma. Thanks for your help here with Bloggerfest.
doggie fix for Suzie 
         Just a nice friendly social hour flapping our gums and sharing stories. Then time to whip up supper.
         Tonight a couple boneless skinless chicken thighs I picked up today (on sale of course) $1.79 a lb. Add that to our salad and we good to go.
another tasty supper 
oh and another wonderful desert sunset
        Thanks again for taking a peek, nice of you to stop on by. Hope you enjoyed your day too.


Check out the interactive map below to see where we have been this Fall and Winter..

22 comments:

  1. Good for you George! Glad that you were able to make it to the top. Keep that up and you will be climbing to Mt. Everest before you know it! ;-)

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but not so sure I want to go to that extreme.

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to make it to the top of "Q" mountain (Hill). Your "Vertigo" problem has a lot to do with your hearing problem and people who use hearing aides are affected worse than others without.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That what they say but I have had this problem for over 40 years, long before I lost my hearing.

      Delete
  3. Good hike on a beautiful day. Lots of company over there in Q.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can say I really do miss the desert this winter. Wish we were there but going to take a lot of traveling to put us back in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have done the south and east but love the southwest. Another 6 weeks and we will be heading east and north again.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a great hike... you did good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was something I have wanted to do for years, finally...

      Delete
  6. I would like to do that hike, good for you, how long will you be in Q?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We be in the Q at least for another week probably longer. Drop by anytime.

      Delete
  7. Wow! A nice hike upnthe Q. Shelagh also suffers from vertigo, it's nice to see that despite that you still managed to overcome it, like Shelagh does in most cases. Dinner looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it and was glad I did.
      Tasty dinner yep it was.

      Delete
  8. It's always a good feeling to check something you really want to do off the "I did it" list...and going down is hard for me to.
    I had fun catching up this morning...looks like Bloggerfest was a huge success. Loved all the pictures and seeing faces of folks I have read about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice to climb the Q.
      Bloggerfest was great meeting these people in person, too bad you could not make it.

      Delete
  9. Looks like you got some good views of the area from the top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great meeting both of you! I'm sure our paths will cross again somewhere down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great meeting you guys as well, enjoy the southwest and keep in touch. You can always find us.

      Delete
  11. Love the pictures of Q Mountain, can`t wait to climb to the top myself! Next year, I hope!

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.