Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Why do I post pictures of our meals?

Where are we today ?
      Now as to why I have been posting pictures of meals on my blog. Well today is a perfect example. I started this many years ago when I did not have much new to write about when we stay in one place for a while, so just posted a picture of what I made for supper. Gave me something to write about and take a picture of. And as most of your know I love cooking, nothing fancy just tasty and what we enjoy.
       When I stopped posting our meals I had requests as to why, so since then I have continued, and helps keep me somewhat creative. Also gives other people ideas for meals, and I enjoy seeing other ideas of what people have eaten too.
        Now we have been back here in Ontario since Jan. 12th, cold and snowy, with no end in sight in the near future. Family stuff and not too much exciting going on other than we are busy doing day to day things that need to be done.
        Some errands done here and there and I actually had time for about 45 minutes to read my KOBO, wonderful!  Had to snow blow on the driveway and sidewalks this morning and a quick shovel this afternoon with only about 2 inches of light fluffy stuff.
beautiful winter view from the walkout family room
downstairs this afternoon
     Today we having a heat wave -3c (26F) feels wonderful so gonna fire up our Weber Q and grill a couple smoked pork chops, and add to a tasty salad with lotsa fresh stuff, oh... is was so tasty. Love good smoked pork chops I found in the freezer, a special treat for us and just had to use them up.
yep sure did the trick tonight
       Other than that,  not much new here for now, hope y'all had a great day and wanna thank ya for stopping by again.
Check out the interactive map below to see where we have been this past Winter.

29 comments:

  1. Keep those meal pics coming George. It gives me a lot of great ideas for our Weber Q.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick, just doing what I enjoy, warmer would be nicer but we will get by. And do hafta eat ya know.

      Delete
    2. Ditto Rick ... I just commented on your post after this and said ... that's worth coming over here for! getting caught up ... heat wave? ohhhhhh baruther.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Carolyn, things can change pretty quickly.

      Delete
  2. Your meal add a lot of color to the day.... and if that's not enough, they are even healthy! I hope you never quite posting photos of you and your QWeber... you're my inspiration for better eating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, we try to eat pretty healthy, not into prepared foods much either and that helps.

      Delete
  3. The picture of the new fallen snow looks pretty but it stops right there because with it comes cold temperatures! So glad you able to use the Weber Q for your pork chops, I know you miss using it in the cold, windy weather.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right looks pretty, but cold, brrrr....
      Gotta do smoked pork chops on the grill, there is no other way to cook them as far as I am concerned.

      Delete
  4. Keep posting those meal pics, George. Snow pics are OK too, especially when viewing them while in the US southwest desert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rene' glad you are still enjoying the southwest we did get almost 3 months of it this year so can complain too much.

      Delete
  5. The pictures of your meals always make me HUNGRY ! LOL And I am soooooo NOT a cook. The pictures of that awful SNOW makes me cold and as Rene said - I'm also glad to be viewing them from the southwest desert !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We was gonna have ya over again for a meal, but you stayed there and we came home. Glad you are enjoying the southwest it is amazing!

      Delete
  6. I really enjoy the photos of your meals. Always gives me a good idea if I need one. Keep it up, George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I do the same looking for meal idea, see something interesting and lets whip it up, more ideas.

      Delete
  7. I like looking at what you've got on your plate too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also enjoy the pics of your meals on the Q. How do you keep those smoked pork chops from drying out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smoked chops are already cooked you just need to heat them up, a few minutes on each side, too long and they will dry out. Leave the fat on until after they are cooked too.

      Delete
  9. You guys seem to have more winter there than we have here in AB, where winter has been pretty mild most of the time.
    Your meal pics are welcome. Keep posting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank we enjoy Beatrix's food pics as well.
      Like you guys at least we had a house to stay in for the winter.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a fine reason to me. I'm thinking your car and coach wish you had left them out west and flown home, but then you would have been without your trusty Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then everythjng we own is in our coach too and we need a vehicle here as well. And don't know when we could get back there to pick them up.

      Delete
  11. Before we retired I made Jim put on his snowpants and coat and go outside and grill for us even when it was cold. And he's still married to me - lol. Hope everything is going okay with the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still grill a few times a week, at least and its my choice, and really don't need to to it when the odd day gets down to -18f will wait.

      Delete
    2. LOL ... you MADE him? how you do that Sandie ... I never was much good at making a man do much of anything he didn't want to.... need to meet a new breed of men ... ha .... ha

      Delete
  12. I read somewhere, only 42 days till spring:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love food almost as much as travel so keep the photos coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us too Croft will keep at it. Travel sooner that later we hope.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.