Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tuesday, just coasting....

Where are we today ?
        Well not much going on here right now, house is ready to show and just waiting for the powers that be to say yep we can go ahead. I did putter around with things, got her Dad's air purifier working. And her Mom's sewing working fine, was all threaded wrong. I got a pair of my new sweat pants hemmed. Just like Al of the Bayfield Bunch I got real short legs and everything I buy is too long, especially these new sweat pants took 3 inches off them legs. Thats why I like to wear shorts. But I can fix em.
        Ran a few errands this afternoon and then Suzie took the car and went to Kitchener to pick up her Dad, he was dropped off early this afternoon. Too bad we could not have had that option yesterday, Suzie could have enjoyed the Family Day outing with our Grand children playing hockey, but I did it by myself with the family.
      While she went to town picked up her Dad I whipped up supper, a nice pork Loin roast. For the easy way I do this you can check my recipe Blog HERE  or the to right side of the sidebar for other recipes.
      The big problem with doing the BBQ in the garage I am not there watching it every minute, salad was made and I opened the garage door and WOW smoke! I had turned the roast over for a couple minutes, to brown the fat cap, but it kinda caught on fire. Not a big deal, I got it in time, turn the Q off opened the garage door fully. Smoke went away supper was saved.  Other than a bit of charing on the fat around the roast all was very tasty and tender, even the apple that was on the grill.
let the flames burn off, then all is good, I had it turn
 up too high trying to compensate for the cold te
mps
then grill the asparagus for a few minutes
 and all was very tasty
yummy
      Like I said we are ready to move on but still have things to do, so its now once again, one day at a time.
       Thank's again for stopping on by.
Check out the interactive map below to see where we have been this past Winter.

16 comments:

  1. I think Suzie's parents think you are a keeper for sure! Ma will be thrilled you fixed her machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I been around for 25 years now , think they will keep me. Let's hope that she can use it again.

      Delete
  2. A little char on the meat is a total treat. I like my steak rare Chicago style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it does a bit more flavor, especially the the pork fat, nice and chrispy

      Delete
  3. Haa ha George, your Weber look like you was tak'n "char" lessons from the old "bbq wizard" Billy Bob. I'm so freak'n proud of you....an' the fire....an' the smoke. You're a good learner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Billy Bob, thought you would like the fireworks and smoke, makes things pretty tasty.
      Took me a long time to learn your way, but I finally did it.

      Delete
  4. Glad that it was only the fat that burned and that you were able to save the roast! Looks like it turned out just fine.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a lot of flame and smoke and added a bit of extra smokey flavor.

      Delete
  5. Yup, gotta watch what you are cooking. I learned that the hard way a few times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are so right, but kind of hard to watch the grill in this cold for over and hour, I should have just left it on low and waited the extra time.

      Delete
  6. If I don't clean the BBQ enough, I have that happen as well.
    I bet there are some big heating bills up there, We have our Bayfield house set at 46 with all the rooms except the bathroom & kitchen closed off. A neighbor keeps an eye on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grill was clean, just the fat cap on the roast flared up when I turned it over to brown it a bit, and yep it got browned real quick.
      This house is not too bad, high efficiency gas furnace and well insulated house keeps the heating bills down pretty good.

      Delete
  7. I think you & I are just a couple of long tall shortys George:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my meat charred! Sounds like a little hitch itch is setting in. I'm certainly familiar with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charred is good and the hitch itch, hmmm,,,, real bad...

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.