Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Sunny Sunday really enjoying it here.

Where are we today ? 
Clic a pic to enlarge it
            This weather here is wonderful, no complaints. As usual we up early and just enjoying the cool mornings, breakfast and watch the sunrise. Need a few supplies today so at 7 am I head to town (Sierra Vista), First the Walmart , and could not believe how busy this store was early on a Sunday morning. Sure glad I came early ! Next across the road to Fry's then Food City from few items, Back home by 9 am, nice to get those things taken care of early in the day.
nice 10 minute drive into Sierra Vista
             When I got home , Suzie had the laundry all sorted so my next project was to get that to the machines and let them do their stuff. This laundry here is pretty cool, only $1:25 to wash and $1:25 to dry and a really nice feature is we can use a credit card, for each load, no extra charges, bonus ! Now how can you beat thus park regular rate is $10.00 a night, We paid $9.00 with our membership  plus electricity.  We don't use much electricity so our bill is very low. And this includes free wifi as well.  Gotta love that.
       All this thus suff done we enjoyed a nice light lunch and I puttered around clean the car a bit and bugs from  the front of our coach now we can enjoy a nice afternoon in the sun and shade getting back into our  page turner books.
        I finished my last one while Laundry was done and started another that I enjoy Sue Grafton , this one is Y and we have both read the whole alphabet, just waiting for the rest of her books getting close too the end only Z to go then what next?, And as usual another one of her books we enjoy.
another good read
      This is the skies that we had to put up with all day long , sure thing we can handle this, That's why we are here.
clear blue sunny skies.
      Forgot to mention yesterday in Tombstone I picked up another bottle of hot sauce that I love, also a souvenir  from the south West. Arizona Gunslinger Habanero sauce, look pretty good to me.
hey this for me !
what; not l=to live about this weather?
        When I got back from town at 9 am I had picked up a roast beef on sale, and a couple of potatoes. So right away I pulled out my ancient slow cooker and got it going, on low, and on our inverter (solar Power) to see how it worked. Added sone celery , carrots, onions, taters, fresh garlic the beef and some spices.
        Slow cooker doing a great job we can smell the roast cooking all day long!
the sun is beginning to set just after 5 so inside to do a bit more
     Gonna make some Yorkshire pudding to go with the roast beef. Gotta do it , a British thing that I was raised with.
I cheat and use this mix
love these
          Roast done , tatters and veggies done , made a small salad , thicken the gravy and we enjoy a rare treat. A Sunday roast beef dinner with Yorkshire Pudding .
Oh so tasty and of course leftovers 
supper just about ready and another,
very nice desert sunset
     That was our relaxing desert day getting a few things done and really just enjoying this amazing lifestyle that we are so blessed to be able to live.
        Thanks for stopping on by and hope y'all had a wonderful day as well. wherever you are.

 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ?
 click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com
Where have we been this winter ?

24 comments:

  1. Glad the weather is holding up for you. If you are still near Ft. Huachuca the base has a great exhibit/museum on the Buffalo Soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather amazing and that base is on our list that we would like to do while here.

      Delete
  2. That roast looks amazing. May have to do one up myself soon. I also use the same Yorkshire mix.. don't tell my mother, she's jealous that I finally figured out how to make Yorkshires better than hers... teehee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The roast was excellent so lean and tender. That Yorkshire mix make them so easy.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely blue sky.
    We love that area, also. Saw you ate lunch at Big Nose Kate's the day before we always enjoy the food there and the gentleman who plays the music, at least he was there the times we stopped in, is fun to listen to. We are looking forward to stopping again this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The music there is always good too. He had just got started when we left.

      Delete
  4. A great restaurant to visit in Serra Vista is the Landmark Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one great looking plate of food. 25F here this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a fantastic day. Love that sky, so big, so blue. Dinner looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fantastic day, thanks and dinner very tasty.

      Delete
  7. Have to try that Yorkshire pudding, looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a very nice treat if you can find the mix here in the states, But you can make it yourself lots of recipes on line.

      Delete
  8. Yorkshire pudding? I have never seen that before. Gonna have to try it. I love Sierra Vista and Green Valley. Have you been to the missile silo? Rather interesting place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mix is easy, we bring it with us from Canada, have not seen it here. We have not been to the missile silo in Green Valley yet, hopefully one if these trips we will.

      Delete
  9. We sure can't complain about the weather! Why we come for sure!
    Supper looks great. I wonder if I can do a roast on the grill? Hmm.
    Keep on enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supper was excellent, I prefer to do a roast beef in my slow cooker, or pressure cooker to ensure that us tender.
      I have found on the grill not so much unless you put it in a roast pan.

      Delete
  10. It's great to be able to pay with a credit card at the laundry. I haven't carried cash in years, love my debit and credit cards. Another awesome dinner, cooked with free energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The card worked great, but I still carry some cash for the odd place that does not take them.
      Free energy from the sun is wonderful.

      Delete
  11. George, I am a bit confused on the rate for the Quail Ridge Park. If I go to their website it says the daily rate is $44 with a discount always. Are you saying the regular rate is only $10?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Peter I put the wrong link there, try this one http://rvresortquailridge.com/page4.html
      The daily rate is $10.00 a day, here.

      Delete
  12. Great Will definitely stop by there. We are still in Tennessee slowly making our way..Thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.