Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Remembrance Day, Memorial day and I made a big oopsy !

Where are we today ?
clic a pic to enlarge it
    Remembrance Day in Canada and Veterans day in the USA. This is the day that we remember and appreciate all of our war vets than gave us a free country.      
     I got this poppy at the Walmart yesterday when
 some vets were there handing them out. 
Was wondering where I could find one and I did.
my Grandfather in WW1 and he was also involved in WW2.
and he survived both wars.
     Earlier today I thought I would clean up my Blog list on the right sidebar, I have over 100 blogs that I follow but some have not posted for a few years so when I was culling them I accidentally deleted the whole list ! Oh My!!! How do I get them back?  Well I tried and tried, GONE! My memory can remember a few but not a 100, so if you are not on the list please send me your link or post a comment. I really enjoy following all our blogger friends when they do post, some more often that others.
     What another wonderful day. Really can't get over this weather. Up early and when the sun comes up just after 6 am I get my first walkabout done, and in shorts wow love it!
6:30 am a nice sunrise
    Did get some early walkabouts enjoying the quiet peaceful times that I love. Spotted this Retro Winebago Brave in the campground. All new and looks almost new,  slide out and very impressive.
new rig looking old
even has a slide out
     Then I started a small pot of homemade chicken noodle soup, from the cornish hen last night so I can do that , don't want to waste the bones. While the bones were simmering I whipped into the store for a few needed items, back home just after 9 to finish off the soup for lunch.
on the way there all these flags lined the road
for Veterans day, impressive!
          Back home , finished the soup for a nice light tasty lunch, enough for a couple more lunches  as well.
as always so tasty
       Now we can putter around for the afternoon, walkabouts, check tires and stuff on our coach to get ready for the road in the morning. not sure were we are going tomorrow yet but making our way to Arizona. Just the way we love to travel.
sailboat on the lake a perfect fall day.78 F
 and clear blue skies.
         A bit later Scot came by with Brownie and one of his a very polite young daughters . This one is 4 years old, very inquisitive and talkative.
doggie fix for Suzie with brownie
         We chatted for a while and really enjoy their company, a bit later a couple more of the children dropped by for Dad's help, These guys are having an amazing journey I am sure. He has just started a blog and I got link to work, it is Living large in the North. Check them out and make a comment if you wish.
Scott, Brownie and 4 out of 7 of their very lovely children
      Soon time for supper and tonight's craving is hot dogs and Bushes Beans, It's been a while.
really gotta love these beans
        I preheat our Weber Q got a couple of nice sunset shots.
across the lake
sunsetting right behind us
      Not long on the grill, beans heated and dogs done perfectly.
loaded mine up as usual, tomato, onion, peanut butter, relish, mayo and mustard,
all the food groups right there in one dog, yummy!
          Supper done and a nice sunset over the hill in front of us. Nice way to end the day.
        It is still a very warm evening we sat outside, reading and blog posting still in the mid 60;'s not bad at all for mid November. Getting on to 8 pm and soon time to head on inside for the night.
       Our day was perfect and hope yours was as well.
       Thanks for stopping on by.

 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com
Where have we been this winter ?

30 comments:

  1. Looks like I fell off your list, George. I see you had my favourite beans for supper! One of our Vancouver Island Escapees friends has one of those retro Winnies in the green tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John will put you right back on it .
      We love these beans too.

      Delete
  2. I love the to see all those flags along that road. And as always, your blog pictures make me hungry. Eating is one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to see those flags too, amazing!
      Thanks for stopping but Dizzy.

      Delete
  3. One of the perks of full-timing is meeting all the different folks. I know you enjoyed meeting Scott and his family, and you probably were able to help him get a blog going...kind of makes a person feel good.
    It makes me feel good to see a road or area lined with the flags like that, respect and remembrance still does exist..thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was wonderful meeting Scott and the family, they are going on an amazing adventure, what a wonderful was to raise their children, loving a fun life. I glad he will do a blog and hopefully keep up with it.I always love to see those flags f;lying.

      Delete
  4. Good Grief your pictures are really making me want to be in Elephant Butte area again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're enjoying your warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was out and about yesterday and didn't see one poppy. :(
    I have never looked, but you would think that Blogger would have a revert back to old command. Very strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not see too many poppies either.
      I checked and checked to see if I could find that revert function, no luck so I started to rebuild.
      This morning I went to add more and found a tab to click for Blog's I follow, they were all there just had to check them all off and add, poof, so easy.

      Delete
  7. I did that delete thing as well, bummer - http://bigdudesramblings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for remembering ours and I have added Scot to my Blog List

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a wonderful day too. Hot dogs and beans always a good quick fix for a craving.
    Scott has a nice little family there, including Brownie.
    Doing this young instead of waiting like us older folk, smart guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really gotta love this weather, They do have a very nice family family and yes a great way to go when you are younger.

      Delete
  10. Glad you are having the nice weather and fewer bugs than we had at Elephant Butte, makes me want to go back! You should check your 'Followers', and be sure that you have their blogs on your scroll bar too. Always a surprise what you put on the Weber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much bugs here at all no complaints, I am slowly getting them there most anyway.

      Delete
  11. I just love your landscape shots with the lake. I have to say, I miss it! Makes me want to live there even more. I've been craving hot dogs, and after not having one for a loooong time, I finally bought a package of dogs and buns. OMG - they are so good. I'm enjoying your travels back to AZ. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara it is wonderful here almost don't want to leave, but we want to keep moving.
      Hot dogs are a treat for us to especially when we don;'t have them often.
      We are enjoying our travels too.

      Delete
  12. It's probably because I haven't been doing much blogging, but I didn't seem to make your list. We hope to see you when you get to Yuma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotcha back there now, thanks.
      Hope to see you guys as well.

      Delete
  13. Glad you are enjoying Elephant Butte Park and the surrounding area.
    We all have those Oops Moments but yours was a Biggy.
    We have over 150 Blogs on our sidebar but have it set to show the Last 25 that posted. If you missed someone along the way simply hit Show More and it will expand the list.
    Looking Forward to seeing you again in Quartzsite.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Elephant Butte have been here a few times in the past and toured all the places.
      Ours is set the same way and have most of them back now no problem. Will be in Quartzsite eventually and see y'all again.

      Delete
  14. I'm just checking in. Also, a request. Looks like I may be doing the hosting for Bloggerfest this year. I'm trying to check to see what the interest is. I will be in Quartzsite in my motorhome. If could put out the word that I'd like to hear from anyone who is interested in attending Bloggerfest on January 27, 2017, probably back where it was last year at the pavilion, I would appreciate it. Also, any other help that you think of would be appreciated. My blog is at shadowmoss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shadow moss i will work on that with tomorrows posting and see what I can do for you. we should be aroundnthe area again this year.

      Delete
  15. Love the flags as you were going into town! beautiful weather and you soup turned out great as always! Looking forward to see where your journey takes you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, it was a fun day , heading further south and west.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.