Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Giant Hogweed right here across the road! And a fix for my Mac book Pro. First day summer too!

Where are we today ?
clic a pic to enlarge it
         This is it summer is finally here yahoo!
        A pretty nice morning but still damp after last night's rain. Soon the sun shone and dried up very nicely. Got a nice walkabout town, and back home. But having an issue with my Mac Book Pro. hmm, the touch pad has a mind of it's own. Now the touch pad on a Mac works wonderful and I love it. So hoped in the car to the Apple store in Waterloo. In a couple of minutes  I had help, my Mac was diagnosed and all is working fine , but the touch pad has gone funky. Need a new touch pad. BUT, seeing as my Mac is over 8 years old Apple does not have parts for it anymore. Options. an external I mouse ($79.00) will work or an external touch pad ($179.00) Or I can try to get an aftermarket touch pad on line and have someone install it. (no charge at the Apple store for help)  Don't want to spend a lot of money on it just want to be able to used it. So the tech guy at Apple sent me to a computer store and I bought and external wireless mouse for 15 bucks. Works fine now, just much prefer the touch pad. Eventually I will need a new Mac so don't want to put a lot of money into this one. I used a mouse for many years on my pc's but this just works so much nicer and has so many neat features.
      That done home for lunch And a walkabout in the woods across the road. As soon as I entered the bush I noticed a whole mess of these Giant Hogweed plants, They look like Queen Anne's lace but are 6 to 8 feet tall. Very toxic , can cause skin blisters. and even temporary or permanent blindness if you get them in you eyes. A very invasive plant they are for more info click HERE  .
giant Hogweed
these guys are huge !
     I avoided these and attempted to walk back the trails for a bit, but nope not today, too many mosquitos here, thank I will go back across the road and enjoy our sunshine.
did walk a few short trails before heading back
are giant hogweed 
lots of hiking and atv trails here 
much nicer here bug free
       It was early afternoon and a nice hot sunny day, so I decided to hop on the mower and mow the lawn again it will soon be needed anyway and we leaving here Friday, plus rain in the forecast before we leave.
beautiful fluffy clouds and an a warm sunny day
    I mowed for an hour then stopped to whip up supper at 5 o'clock. Tonight a couple of boneless pork chops to add to our salad. Try them on the grill mat keeps them moist and the grill clean, seem to work pretty good and they were so tasty,
even get the grill marks too
sure hit the spot
       Supper done, dishes done , was a wonderful warm evening so I hopped on the mower again at 6 until 8 and got 95 % of the yard done. Time to call it quits for the day. Relax outside with my honey, finish posting my blog, enjoy this great weather and get back into my page turner book for a while.
       Not a bad day at all, enjoying this cooler but still warm drier air today, Mind you it actually did get up to 84F (28C) mid afternoon. Another perfect day for us here.
       Hope y'all had a great day as well and thanks for stopping on by.

Where have we been this summer ?

20 comments:

  1. Boy, watch out for that nasty Giant Hogweed when you're out on your walks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure glad I know what they are and to keep away.

      Delete
  2. You might check powerbookmedic.com as they sell trackpads. May take a search on their website for the correct one based on your serial number or model of Macbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't find one I have a dead Macbook Pro just like yours that I can pull the trackpad and send it to you.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Bill, appreciate the offer I will keep it in mind. I am not comfortable with doing this replacement. I am getting used to the mouse. And will do some more research, I know I will soon have to replace this at sometime with the age of it.

      Delete
    3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9liOWTjY2o

      Delete
  3. I used to use an external mouse all the time. Took me forever to learn the pad but I can't imagine using the mouse again. Why are such vicious plants so beautiful. And mosquitoes would drive me inside quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the track pad and much prefer it, but having used the mouse for so many years, not hard to go back to using it.

      Delete
  4. I hate it when your hike gets interrupted with with mosquitoes. That has happened to us a few times too and we also had to run around and in our case, run back to the motorhome because they were so bad. Looks like it would have been great hiking in there maybe another time when the mosquitoes disappear at the end of summer.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup the mosquitoes will send you back home again. It is great hiking back there I have done it a few times on the spring and the fall.

      Delete
  5. Wow! You have some dangerous plants out there in Ontario! Looks like some very nice weather though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very dangerous plant and very invasive. The weather is pretty good , no complaints here.

      Delete
  6. Too bad you couldn't mow down all that Hogweed. I'm sure it's protected by the skeeters. ;c)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is protested by the skaters and really don't want to get that close to it anyway.. Mow it down and the seeds spread like crazy, don't want to do that.

      Delete
  7. Lots of Hogweed around here. I just never knew what it was called.

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.