Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Thursday taking it easy and having fun.

Where are we today ?
         Well today was an awesome day!  Sunshine all day temps in the low 70's F (22c) and no rain. What's not to like about that?
        My early morning walkabouts as usual, chat with a few people and just puttered around. Waiting for the Shaw satellite dish guy to call and fix us up with anew L and B.
        In the meantime I worked on our new storage cabinet. Want to do a nice finish on it. The workshop was not the idea place for finishing, not warm enough and not enough light. So I just did some fine sanding, and steel wool the gave it all a 4th coat of varathane. Now looks the way I want it to be. Like a hand rubbed finish. Oh and gave myself a haircut with Suzie doing the final touches, now I am good to go for a couple more weeks. Even had some time to enjoy our e-readers until "Happy Hour" at Pat and Norms behind us. 
         With the "Happy Hour" Suzie gets her  "doggie" fix again with BJ siting on her lap looking for attention.
Suzie and BJ (Billie Jean)
        Happy hour was nice with Pat, Norm, Emile, Monique, Jim, Rose and George who just arrived today. So nice to catch up again with these people.
another fun time for an hour or so 
BJ is a Jack Russell Terrier and typically full of energy
a minute of quiet time for BJ
Rose, Suzie and George
       Now about 5 o'clock time for me to begin supper. So I whipped up a tasty salad and pan fried in (olive oil) some Cod fillets on out Weber Q. Works wonderful ! Used a Fish Crisp Beer batter mix, for a change, very tasty!
sure hiut the spot
       That was our awesome day so far, sure can't beat the weather, thats for sure.
       Thanks again for stopping in and hope you had a great day and our American friends enjoy your 4th of July long weekend coming up with all the festivities.
Check out the interactive map below to see where we have been this Spring and Summer.

20 comments:

  1. G'day George ..... it's me Charlie!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.It sure is good to meet you. Mum and I are a bit busy just now but we will get round to reading all about you and Susie real soon. You sure know how to live the good life aye?? We looked at some of your pictures. WOW!! Mum so wants to go to New Orleans. She's not much of a traveller though. She'll travel all over Australia but the rest of the world, although she has seen a bit of it, scares the living daylights out of her. Dad makes her go occasionally though. They have been to the States and Canada but way back in 1990. Dad wants to go again. I say ..... no way!! I don't wanna be home alone. Susie likes dog's, aye?? Good for Susie. She can be my adopted Mum if she likes. She looks real nice. AND you are a computer expert?? Crikey .... does Mum ever need you. She just got a new computer and its got that windows 8 thing on it. She's slowly going bald. Been tearing her hair out. She's hoping windows 10 is better. Mind you .... I don't think its the computer. It's Mum. she's a bit thick when it comes to computers.
    Crikey George ..... as you can see I get a bit carried away sometimes. I do like a chat?? I hope we can be friends. It sure is nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Charlie great meeting you too.
      Suzie would love to be your adopted mum, loves dogs, but we don't have one right now.
      Some day we would love to get down there and visit your part of the world.
      Travel about with an RV (caravan) I guess yo call it there.
      Myabe even meet up with y'all too.
      Now that would be AWESOME !

      Delete
    2. Crikey ....... G'day Mum, Suzie!!! I've got a new Mum ..... I'm so excited!! I sure hope you get down here for a visit one day. You'd love it. Australia is a great place. We call RV's motor homes. Caravans are what you tow behind a car. Like an RV with no motor. Our caravan parks aren't as awesome as yours but they are getting a bit better. Our countryside is beautiful though and we sure would like to meet up with you.
      We love hearing about your wonderful country and your travels.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the definition of a caravan and following our travels.
      If we could drive there we would be there much sooner.

      Delete
  2. BJ looks a lot like our Dover...
    Very nice temps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really jealous of your temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter where you go, you always seem to enjoy yourselves. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have a good time, is there any other way?

      Delete
  5. You give yourself a hair cut! We could never do that. It would look like we took a hack saw to Paul or my hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been cutting my hair for 25 years, it is so fine and thin it needs to be short, low maintenance too.
      Just put the right attachment on the clippers and comes out perfect.

      Delete
  6. I love pan fried fish and yours looks outstanding - I've never tried a batter without deep frying though. With that weather, I wish I were camped there with you - sounds perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on up here to Canada eh !
      And enjoy our summer.

      Delete
  7. NIce to see you both relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure I can keep up with your definition of "Taking it easy"... :cD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking it easy is a state of mind, just puttering around doing what we enjoy.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.