Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Monday, March 06, 2017

Last day here now ready to head on out in the morning.

Where are we today ?
clic on a pic to enlarge it
      Just another wonderful desert day here. Last day here before we head on down the road. Perfect sunny day, no clouds, our solar just sucking up the power from the sun. No need to tilt them now as the sun gets higher in the sky and shines much longer.
        Early morning walkabout with my very tall shadow following me down the trails.
me following me
     A few walkabouts here and just enjoying this amazing weather. A quick trip to Olsen's IGA in Ajo for a few needed supplies and home just after 9 am.
       Now to take in this awesome weather. It was windy for a while but we found a nice wonderful spot behind our coach with no wind and sunshine.  Only got to 62 f but with the sun and no wind was wonderful. Enjoyed our e readers, walkabouts, and more reading was a great way to spend the day, before we hit the road in the morning. Checked tires and stuff, Weber Q and chairs stored after supper all is good to go.
what's not to love about this weather?
        After our Happy hour and discussing our possible travel plans, (written in chalk) time to whip up supper. something we have no had for a while Bush's Baked Beans and Hot dogs. Easy , quick and tasty, nice change.t
sitting by our Weber Q enjoying my e-reader while the beans
heated up
one dog each and some beans
does the trick
my dog loaded, peanut butter, tomatoes, onions,
Mayo,mustard, jalapeño peppers,and relish
       Nothing fancy but sure took care of the craving. Thanks for stopping in and I am sure you had a great day as well.

Where have we been this Winter

24 comments:

  1. Now THAT'S a loaded hotdog!!! I've never tried peanut butter on my hotdog before....and I love peanut butter!! I've got to try that!!
    Nice tall shadow following you on your wall about!!
    Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a loaded dog and do love peanut butter too, makes for a very filling meal.
      That tall guy just keeps following me around the desert.

      Delete
  2. Wieners and beans, one of my favourite quick meals. Can't imagine peanut butter on the dog but I won't knock it until I've tried it. Travel safe tomorrow, lots of people making the move on Tuesday. Us included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have not had that for a long time , nice treat. Let get in the move and hit the road, you guys travel safe as well.

      Delete
  3. I love weiners and beans, I like my weiner cut up in the beans then but it on bread. It has been real windy in moore have for the last 4 days, hopefully the wind will fade away today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way I like them as well, but Suzie wants them as a hot dog and beans.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Enjoy your fabulous journey!
    Heating the beans up on the grill in the can caught my eye. What a great idea.

    Velva-Tomatoes on the Vine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Velva. Heating the beans on the grill from my old camping days over 40 years ago., why dirty a pot?

      Delete
  5. Every time I see peanut butter on your hot dog you make me smile...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again for taking us on your journey..Excited to see your route going home. You two travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks glad to have you along. We excited too to be moving around bit more again.

      Delete
  7. Another nice relaxing and beautiful day. Wonder where you will be tonight. Have a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like the relaxing before our travels. Come along with us Doug and bring Yuma.

      Delete
  8. Safe travels today. We will not officially turn east until the first week in April. Since, we have not decided on a route home yet will be watching yours for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have o be back April 13th and don't like ti rush. We keep trying to stay in warm weather.

      Delete
  9. Hey! You've got a satellite operated Weber! Or is that a quick way to send your recipes to your web site? LOL! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual, your dinner looks delish! This winter went so FAST! Seems like you guys just arrived, and now you're leaving. I guess a lot of Canadians will be heading home this week. I hope everyone has a safe, smooth drive. I sure enjoyed getting to know you and Suzie this season, and look forward to catching up in person again next fall. Safe travels! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was great to spend some time with you this winter looking forward to this fall already.

      Delete
  11. Just looking at your fancied you hot dog makes me want to reach for my Tums! To each his own. :cD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hot dog is pretty plain with our all the stuf, works for me.

      Delete
  12. I'm with the others - PB belongs in your burrito with some J! NOT on your doggie :) Safe travels as you continue on east.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats is ok, but if you have not tried it you might be surprised, PB and J on a hot dog is good too.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.