Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Thursday, June 27, 2013

We had a busy rainy day? with lotsa sunshine, getting ready for the party.

Where are we today ? 
        Wonderful sleep last night with cool breezes, just love this weather.Looked out our front window this morning and there is a bunny trimming the grass for me, don't need to do it until tomorrow thou, maybe he come back. 
        Down to Pettigrew's garage this morning and paid our repair bill, ($1,400.00) really not too bad considering we had a complete brake job done on the front wheels. All new parts, pads, callipers, rotors, grease seals, oil change and grease job on our 14 year old coach with 102,000 miles on it. And they did not even charge us for camping there overnight.
        Now ran a few errands then the work crews here began Lea, a friend Alex and Suzie pulling weeds. John working on the deck around the pool. Getting things ready for the Canada Day party on Saturday.
Suzie
a co-worker of Lea's doing some wiring and plumbing
John on the deck 
and I worked on new netting for the trampoline
Alex and Lea
       I had volunteered to whip up supper on our Weber, so tonight grilled a couple 3 lb chickens, 6 baked potatoes and made a fresh caesar salad to go with it all. Of course a nice large pot of Swiss Chalet dipping sauce to go with the chicken. Amazing what you can cook on this baby Weber Q-100.
chickens  and taters done
yes we all love chicken
        Now to putter around a bit more after supper and call it a night after a good days "work"? We had fun doing it too with a large group. The weather guesser fouled up again said 70% chance of rain but all we got was the 30% sunshine turned out pretty awesome for a rainy day.
        Thanks for stopping in and hope you had a nice rainy day too.
 Posted by George, a.k.a. "The Weber "Q" Man of Blogland" according to Rick Doyle.
Check out the map below to see where we have been this summer
View Summer 2013 in a larger map

12 comments:

  1. We had a few sprinkles earlier on, but no rain to speak off. We've had our share recently though, so we're good.
    Not a bad price for all that work. You got your money's worth from those pads and rotors, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we are happy with it but kind put a dint is our repait budget for the year, after a new fridge in January.

      Delete
  2. Here's hoping that the Weather Guessers predict a good day for the Canada Day Celebration and that they are right. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats our plan, no matter what we will have great weather.

      Delete
  3. I've been able to put a lot of stuff on our Weber too. It's amazing how much will fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it when the weatherman is wrong, especially when they call for rain and all you get is sunshine. Sure hope you have good weather for the party.

    We are suppose to have an beautiful weekend here. We hope so because we will have a full campground.

    Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we do to, I am sure it will be awesome.

      Delete
  5. Those chickens look awesome as usual - maybe I'll cook one up this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love our chicken, r anything on the Weber for that matter. Enjoy!

      Delete
  6. dang now I am sorry we aren't there - could have even helped out in all the set up... Oh well, sure you will all have a blast, Happy Canada Day (or do they even say that?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we say that , then you can have a Happy 4th of July celebration.
      We enjoy helping out here always have fun, too bad you not make it here.
      Maybe next time!

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.