Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Friday, December 13, 2019

Merry Christmas Carols ! Car fixed, small world around here too.and Special posting for me !

Where are we today? 
Stratford Ontario

    Wow what a nice surprise last night. I had finished yesterdays; posting about ready to soon call it a night after 8 pm meds. Shift change for the nurses. They always come in a greet me and tonight asked if I want some Christmas Carollers to drop by , they are doing the rounds.
What a great group and nice surprise 
nice hand made Christmas Cards
We heck ya, love Christmas Carols and how often to they come and visit right into my room. What a treat. So in they came 12 of them and sang a couple of nice Christmas songs, and of course "We wish you a Merry Christmas" on the way out and down the hall to another room. They gave me  2 Christmas cards and was told this is a local group of 60 ! They are called the "Stratford Gems" children that do this around the Stratford  area.  How wonderful and fulfilling, sure do love small towns.

I had a decent sleep last night off and on. At midnight Renee my nurse came in to give me my meds and found me reading my KOBO. then she sat and chatted for a while and asked how come? Some times I  have a piece of toast with peanut butter and some milk helps . So she got some` for me. And before I knew it was back to sleep again. What a great staff they have here.

About 4, am awake for the day, so get comfy blogging and reading, coffee and juice. I know Suzie will be getting ready later to take the car into Pettigrew's garage to get the heater fixed, visit at Shakers Restaurant in town  for a coffee. SIL Sandy while waiting for the car. Pettigrews found leaves blocking the vent and thermostat not working. Flushed the cooling systems and new coolant,  That taken care of by 11 am, she went back to the apartment to rest for a bit then here to visit.
lotsa leaves blocking the vents
I hopped in the wheel chair cruised around for a while, chat with the cook in the Kitchen some. The car and heater all taken care of is a wonderful thing. I cold have done it if I was not here. At noon Micheal the cook dropped off my lunch for me personally , what a treat, Tuna sandwich plus a bit on vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce, sure hit the spot. thanks Micheal !

Shortly  after lunch I had a surprise  visitor, a lady I don't think I have met she is a volunteer here in the kitchen. If you follow other bloggers you may know Patsy " Chillin with Patsy" well this is her husbands sister Bill Richards   now is that a small world or what !!!!
Bill's sister Carol.
 We chatted for quite a while. Then Suzie came in from home I caught up with her and she met Carol as well, then Carol headed off to the kitchen here.
a cold morning out there
Suzie off to Plattsville  get the heater fixed.
  A different doc came in to check my legs they are swollen a lot so working on those to see if they can help.
See if they can get the swelling down. Exercise, water pills and wrapping seems to help.

Tuna sandwich and ice cream for lunch hit the spot
Today went all out with 2 beers for Happy Hour
very tasty choices
 I enjoyed 2 beers today because Suzie's sister Rose and Ross were coming to visit later and taking her out for dinner, so this was my treat. Had a very nice visit with them  enjoyed 2 sloppy Joes, salad and beer then they headed in out for a feast.
very tasty with the help of some hot sauce
This was my productive day and a quick easy fix for the car,
All is good here and was nice to actually meet Bill's sister.

Hope you had an enjoyable day, and glad that ya'll dropped by for a visit.

This posting was done all by me and Suzie not even around to roof read it, hope not too many mistakes.

Just as I was done posting the first blog I read was posted expecially for me ! A fellow blogger we met years ago from Nebraska and restores old cars and lately this the 1970 VW bug, they took to Arizona with them this fall. What an amazing job he did and even posting this Blog just for me along with 2 videos. I have had work on and restored 4 over the years and really love these vehicles.
borrowed from Bill's Blog
  You can Clic this link " One Day More " fo HIS Posting, Thanks so much BILL!
 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
 click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour

30 comments:

  1. The swelling, perhaps a nice lymphatic massage would work wonders for you George. Especially with the water pills. The lymphatic system tends to get sluggish when we are sick and it gets clogged up some. So a nice lymphatic massage with ginger oil can get the lymphatic system draining good and you'll feel like a brand new man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the blog George! Sure glad Suzie has heat for the Ontario winters and good for you enjoying two beers today ... and a tuna fish sandwich, my favourite :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks was a great day, the singers, car fixed , meeting new people and company loved the tuna sandwich plus 2 beer m what a treat.

      Delete
  3. Thanks George. Our thoughts are with you and wish you were in Arizona again to go for a drive in the bug. Faster than a Model T. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the memories of working on those fun cars, wish we were there too, riding in one there sure would make my day. At least you can enjoy it and be proud to show it off !

      Delete
  4. A few leaves? Geez those need to be racked up! Surprised the car collected half a tree :) Lunch was a sandwich and ice cream - decisions, which to eat first ...
    You're do'n good George and we are all think'n of you and Suzie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup a lot of leaves over the years not sure where they were hiding but did a great job of it. Hmm yeah sand with and ice cream which one would you do?
      I am feel wonderful and thanks for thinking of us as we do of our friends there in the warm sunny south west.

      Delete
  5. Yup it’s a small world! How nice she helps out there. I’m getting really jealous of all that great food George! Very happy you are receiving the best of care. Hugs ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a lot of leaves, I usually check for them, need a new thermostat too so should be good for a while again. Lots tasty food here I am enjoying.

      Delete
  6. That is awesome that Carol stopped in to say hello and a nice chat. She is a lovely lady in every way.
    Nice that Suzie got the heater fixed too, that will be very necessary.
    Your food is looking awesome. Hope the doctor can alleviate some of the swelling in your legs soon. I hope it isn't uncomfortable.
    Thinking of both of you, great job on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank was fun meeting Carol a very nice lady. Th car has heat now thats good food vey tasty as well. Leggs ae beginning too feel better already hope they continue to do so. They were starting to be uncomfortable.

      Delete
  7. Great you got to meet my sister Carol, she enjoys her volunteer work there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol seems like a very nice lady so glad she hopped b for a visit, She does enjoy here work here too and does a great job.

      Delete
  8. I think I see a lot Mesquite leaves in that pile George. Oh Gee, I wonder where you got those. I figure one more trip to the kitchen to chat up that cook and your going to have yourself a part time job in there flippin burgs. Hey I like the idea of dipping your Tuna sandwich into your chocolate topped ice cream. Like you and Bill I am also an old 'VW Bug' aficionado. Not so much in the restoring end of things and more into driving them all over the place like crazy. I too had 4, maybe 5. Your doing good George, keep up the fight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Al, could be some mesquite in that mix there never know after 17 years. Sorry I did nit dip my tuna into the ice cream, I like these 2 separately.
      Those old bugs were affordable easy to fix and so much fun to drive, wish I still had one, Bill did an awesome job restoring back to it's former glory

      Delete
  9. HMMm me thinks you had a pack rat nest in there from the dessert last year. At least now Suzie will be nice and warm in her travels Those sloppy joes look so tasty. How great to have those kids come to sing to you.
    One Day At A Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure where those leaves came from could be lots places,But at least the car will be warm again for Suzie. The sloppy joes ere tasty and the kids signing a real nice treat,

      Delete
  10. George & Suzie - You don't know me but I have followed you for years. We are friends with Rick & Kathy Rousseau of It's About Time, Kevin & Ruth of Travel with Kevin & Ruth, I also follow Contessa @ 5C's Que Pasa. You are so very inspiring. We love your smile, daily stories and so glad you are starting to feel better. Suzie has done a remarkable job on the blog on those days you weren't feeling up to all the typing. Thanks for reminding us to enjoy all we have. Thanks for all the smiles and wonderful stories. Thanks for utting on your vest and hat again. We love them. I look forward to reading your blog everyday. I have read it for years.....Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following along and the wonderful comment, I also follow those bloggers met Rick and Kathy years ago also Contessa in Mexico back in Dec 2009 before she started blogging. I am feeling very good lately and enjoying it. I miss wearing my hat and vest button't much need it inside.
      And Suzie helping with the blog was a real treat think I can give her a rest for that again.

      Delete
  11. My goodness that is a lot of leaves! Glad they were able to fix the car so Suzie wont be so cold in your Canadian winters.

    Your food looks so good...it beats the can of ravioli I had for dinner :-(

    Nice of those children to come sing Christmas Carols and of meeting your blogger's sister. Cyber hugs for you and Suzie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lot of leaves, no there was not much heat! Now for me a can of ravioli is something I have no had for years, might just be one on my next treats! Thanks for the idea.
    The carols and meting Bill's sister a bonus as well. Thanks for the hugs , right back at ya !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like those leaves have been building for quite a while. You really didn't need the heat too much when you were in the southwest for the winters but now back in Ontario it is something we all need.
    Bill did a great job of rebuilding his Volkswagon.
    Glad to see you are still busy with visitors. You are looking better now as well.
    We continue to keep you both in our Prayers.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Bill sure did a great job always fun work on and drive these guys. Those leaves have been building for a while un noticed but after 17 years can they can slowly accumulate. Still enjoying some company.

      Delete
  14. How wonderful to meet Bill's sister. What a treat and I'm sure a surprise. The food always looks wonderful, I hope it tastes as good. A wonderfully thoughtful idea of having the carolers come!
    That's a lot of stuff to take out of there!! Amazing how it collects, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeting Bills sister was a treat and a surprise. The looks and tastes wonderful no complaint here at all. these leaves took a few years to collect I and sure now works great and lots needed heat.

      Delete
  15. That is a great place to stay. The staff is so helpful. And you have carolers coming right to your room. You're doing fine with the blog. Is is a small world. It was nice of Bill's sister to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. his is one amazing place to stay so friendly and comfortable, the carollers right in my room real treat was a bonus.
      Plus meeting Bills sister a surprise so cool..

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Thanks Stew feeling better than I should but sure will enjoy every good day I have.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.