Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Sunday, December 22, 2019

A relaxing day and a nice visit with my brother and his wife on a sunny day

Where are we today? 
Stratford Ontario

After a wonderful busy day with family great food and fresh air we both got a very good sleep last night. Right from 8:30 until 3:30 am with only 2 short nature calls. I slept like a log.

Then of course up puttering around some orange juice and coffee and a few laps in my wheel chair and now heck at 8 am if I did lay down for about 30 minutes just cause I could, guess I needed a bit more rest.

Got a Christmas card from Suzie's cousin in Ottawa, Ontario addressed like this and we still received it! Can you believe it? No last name and no apartment number in a 4 story building. Heck he gets lucky he did a similar thing years ago in the village of Plattsville years ago. What's the chances?
no last name and no apt number
Suzie arrived about 10 am we chatted for a while then down to the dining room for an early lunch, she bought me a piece of chicken to go with fresh cheese biscuits made fresh here for lunch did the trick for me.
chicken and fresh biscuits for lunch today
It was so nice and sunny outside we enjoyed sitting in the sun for a while, and as soon as I went outside one of my nurses Annie was right there with a warm blanket for my legs. They do spoil us here that's for sure,
loving the fresh air and sunshine here
think that is Holly berries 
Then a bit later heard my brother was on the way, so we sat in another sunny spot outta the wind waiting for them a perfect winter for it.
sitting beside the BBQ but nothing to cook
Sheri, Chris , me, Suzie,


brought me a beer right on time
for my thirst to kick in Thanks Chris
Soon time for Suzie to head home, I watched TV for bit then supper chicken fingers and fries plus my salad on the side.
a tasty change with hot sauce and plum sauce
plus my salad
This was a very nice relaxing day for us a good visit with my brother and his wife. After busy day yesterday was appreciated.

Thanks for joining us and hope you had nice sunny inter day too.

One day at a time




 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
 click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour

29 comments:

  1. Glad to see you enjoyed visiting with your brother and all those tasty meals.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks always enjoy Vist with my brother and family.

      Delete
  2. It is amazing how some times the postal service works well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell Chris would be your brother, you both share a big smile and a humorous side. I had to do a double take on his shirt :)
    Looks like a great day to be outside in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ia amazing how we are so similar even though I did nit liv under he same roof when we grew up married and moved away. A perfect winter day outside.

      Delete
  4. I figured that you would need a quieter day today. How special that you got to sit outside in the sun. That was a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was avery nice quiet day and sitting in the sun perfect.

      Delete
  5. It felt like a March day didn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure it feels great getting outside and being more mobile. Always nice to have family visit. Keep smiling George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Deb it sure was a wonderful day and fresh ai bonus.

      Delete
  7. That is amazing that card got to you! Nice that you could enjoy the sun outside :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it sure was amazing, the sunshine bonus was perfect.

      Delete
  8. I had to laugh at the card getting to you, I just sent one to a friend who is now married and I didn't know the last name and she didn't add it to the return but at least I had the full address.
    Looks like a gorgeous day to be sitting outside, you look so happy to be out there. Love your brothers shirt. I bet it would have been a great day to fire up that grill.

    Blessing for you and Suzie as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some times these things are a very interesting indeed. Fir up he grill our col be a treat.

      Delete
  9. So glad you slept like a rock after your busy day yesterday. Nice you were able to take it easy today and got a visit in with your brother and sister-in-law.

    It looks like you really enjoyed sitting outside on a pretty sunny day. You have a good postman...kudos to him for getting the letter delivered to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was agoodsleep a great sleep and fun visit withy brother as well.
      Being outside was wonderful and the postman did an awesome job , I am impressed

      Delete
  10. Nice to sit outside on a cold day out of the wind. I see the resemblance in you and your brother. He might be a tad taller though. Glad to see you're sleeping well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. e is taller now I actually was almost at least an inch taller a few years ago he is 18 years younger.

      Delete
  11. Great to see you're able to get outside and enjoy this terrific weather we're having. And seems there may be more on the way. Some times the postal system really comes through, especially in smaller communities where folks actually know their neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amazing thin is we just moved into a band new apartment building. Loving this winter weather too.

      Delete
  12. Glad to read in your last post that you were able to get out for a few hours and enjoy Christmas Dinner with Suzie's family. Then the fact that it was warm enough to sit out and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine. Then a visit with your brother. Sounds like two wonderful days. As always you and Suzie are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank guys it was 2 wonderful day enjoying family sunshine and fresh air.

      Delete
  13. Hey George I hope you had your Sun screen on. You know what they say about too much Sun eh. Nice to see you outside soaking up the rays and being able to stand on your own. May the force be with you:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Al no sunscreen, yes the UV rays are still low. Sitting outside enjoying the heat from the sun sure was wonderful. Being able to stand and walk on my own sure feels good.

      Delete
  14. That is unreal that the card found you but it must mean you are famous! :)
    What a beautiful day for you to be able to sit in the sunshine. I'm glad you had a great time
    with your brother and his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pic of you four! That is something about the card, amazing! Looks like a beautiful day sitting in the sun! Chicken looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you always nice to see them when I can. really is amazing about the card for sure.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.