Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Had another great day for some reason full of energy.

Where are we today? 
Stratford Ontario
After another very good nights sleep. 7 great hours from 8:30 pm until 3:30 am. Here I am 3:30 in the morning and raring to go full of energy, oh it feels good. Just now here to go, so fired my Mac Book , checking e mails, blogs etc, cereal, O juice and a coffee, maybe snooze in a bit later but did not today.
A few wheel about the halls chatted with a couple nurses then 7:30 an chatted with Mike in the Kitchen. One piece of toast,1 egg and one slice of bacon to add a bit extra fuel to my tank.
what beautiful Suiting sign from Joe and Nelly
Thanks guys
a bit more fuel
love Mikes signs Lunch and supper
The nurses started their new shift and at 7:30  I asked them for an early shower today and they did. Wanted to get that outta the way before company later the morning. All showered, shaved and rubbed down with moisturizer (for my day skin). Before 8:30 now I am brand new and even more
ready for what the day brings on. A few texts from Suzie and daughter # 2 Jess, keeping in touch, cause we can.

Then a 10 am a good friend Joe came by for  nice visit from Rock Glen Resort, ( Nellie could not make it today) catch up and wish us a Merry Christmas before they head south to some warmer weather. AND brought us this wonderful sign about camping and our life style that pretty well says it all.
thanks guys love the sign says it all
Joe and me almost ready for the beach
 We headed down for lunch as Joe headed home and I enjoyed a couple my favourites today hot dogs with my usual mustard, relish, ketchup and peanut butter did the trick today relaxed.  Abut then a nice social visit with our minister. Always nice to see her when she has time.
no HD buns but this does the trick. like Hot Dog and like peanut butter
why not put them together?
Happy hour started at 2:30 with this tasty brew
watching the Tow trucks we both enjoy that show
 Watching a new TV show about the highway from Hell with huge tow trucks getting tractor trailer trucks etc, out of ditches and so on real life accidents and how these tow trucks manage.

I have had a few ask why this crown hanging is in the window. So today a close up. A nice Christmas curation I have had for years and hang it in the window, just because I like it and can.
Always like theis Christmas time.
 Suzie headed home about 4:30 and by 5 my tasty supper came along with another tasty beer to go with it.
Another tasty craft beer
Supper was roast pork, broccoli w/cheese, whipped potatoes, my salad and a fresh baked sugar cookie still warm right of the oven.
an excellent supper once again.
Now time for me to wrap up this posting and relax for the evening. Glad that you dropped in and hope you enjoyed your day as well. A cold one out there nice to stay here inside pretty cozy out there it is 17F (-10C) brr.
Here we are moving right along

One day at a Time 

 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
 click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour

36 comments:

  1. Suzie did a good job, but I reallllllly like your blogs now that you are writing again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barney glad you enjoy reading along, so glad that she could fill in for me while I was down and out.

      Delete
  2. One of these days I 'may' try peanut butter on my hot dog ... maybe not :)
    Another nice day for you, keep'm coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ya never know if you like it unless you try.It was good day that just flew on by.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are getting your strength back and are able to visit with Friends and Family.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're getting some great meals! Peanut butter with hot dogs, good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meals are wonderful and do enjoy peanut butter on my hot dogs and other things as well.

      Delete
  5. The tie dye shirt is back!!!!! Way to go George!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty soon you’ll be racing the nurses down the hall!! Me thinks you will also be a beer connoisseur. Happy dance!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL no racing in the hall. now don't know about a connoisseur but I m enjoying all the different types and tastes that beer has. Happy Dance yes for sure.

      Delete
  7. I wonder if they have any rooms available? The food they serve is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Chris only 10 rooms but only enough funding for 8 right now.
      The food sure is wonderful
      .

      Delete
  8. Nope, not gonna do the peanut butter/hot dog thingy. Nada Nada. I like your window decoration. I like that 'Highway Through Hell' show as well and have been watching it for a few years now. Bare bones reality, no actors, and and no fabricated over the top drama. Nice to see the tie dye T-Shirt has made an appearance again. If you were to drop some of that suicide sauce of your on it one would never know except for the holes it would burn in the T-Shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each to his own with peanut butter, can use it on lots other things like peanut butter and honey, bananas etc.
      Just discovered that show as we seldom watch tv it is bare bones reality, a nice change.
      My sauce has not burned a hole in it yet, lol.

      Delete
  9. I'm always so happy when you have such good nights and great days. Now that peanut butter with the hot dog doesn't do it for me and I love peanut butter. But to each his own they say. That Christmas ornament really is pretty.

    Blessings as always for you and Suzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the good nights and days are enjoyable. We each have our own taste we enjoy or dislike, Dislike for me is beets and creamed corn, you. That is a pretty ornament and enjoy having it out during this season.

      Delete
  10. OK. I've been with you all the way on your great WeberQ meals, your preferences, etc. But I'm parting ways, as others above have, on the hot dogs with peanut butter. On the other hand, I do like cucumber and peanut butter on a toast sandwich. With a little mayo. And many have recoiled from that. We'll see if I can get up my nerve for a hot dog and peanut butter. You never know. So glad you are posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes each to there own . I should try yours sounds interesting some flavours there blending together .
      I am enjoying posting again I have been missing it,

      Delete
  11. I tried the peanut butter on the hot dog ONCE! Glad you continue to eat well and get to enjoy all those good craft beers. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jean at least you tried it, So much great food and enjoying all these tasty craft beers.

      Delete
  12. Great combo on your hot dog. Throw a piece of bacon on that and you have a meal for a king!
    Those are sure some interesting beers you have been trying. You should rate them on a scale of 1 to 10 and let us in on your appraisal of each.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes bacon woul make it even better,
      The beers are interesting but rating them is beyond me. they are all good in their own way are different in their n way.

      Delete
  13. Really enjoying knowing you are posting and feeling so good. You look great....makes my heart happy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy posting our blog, really a journal o our dy to day lives we can look back on.
      Makes me happy as well.

      Delete
  14. I really liked the sign that was gifted to you by Joe and Nellie. Likewise the crown decoration that I had not noticed until today.

    The meals look great but I don't think I will be trying peanut butter on a hot dog anytime soon but to each his own like JO said. I like the different beers that you are trying. May you have a great day tomorrow as well. One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the sign it is so cool and says it all. The decoration is a treasure I have had for years.
      The meals are excellent I am enjoying them for sure. Love peanut butter, and the different beers quite tasty.
      Another great day is dawning as I type.

      Delete
  15. Great that you're feeling so energetic George. Wish I did. Been nursing a sore back for almost a month and being alone I have no one to give me a back rub. Oh well. Just let nature take its course. I like the holiday sign and your nice Christmas ornament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure where the energy came from but am enjoying it. A sore back is not fun hoe it gets better soon for you.
      We like the ornament and sign as well. thanks.

      Delete
  16. Have watched that TV show, "Highway Through Hell" for a few years now. There is also one for Hwy 401 & 402 in South western Ontario. Great to see your energy coming back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they are both interesting shows, we both enjoy, a bit behind because we seldom watch any tv.
      My energy is doing quiet well thanks.

      Delete
  17. I like to get up early but 0330 is a bit too early for me :) I'm glad you have so much energy..enjoy it! Love the sign Joe brought you, just too cute! Again your food looks delicious. Love that it's specially made. Glad you get to enjoy a couple of beers daily if you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is early but that is when I am wide awake. and after tossing and turning end up getting up well rested.
      We do love the sign, blue the great food, and beer if I wish, usually nit a problem..

      Delete
  18. Love that sign your friends Nellie and Joe got you. Your hanging crown looks to be to be carvings of doves or some other bird in a circle. If you look closely you will see their wings, head with an eye hole and their feet.

    I had to leave Safari and use Chrome in order to post a comment. For some reason Safari and Goggle and Blogger are not working.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that sign as well. and the crown is doves in a circle with the wings and all.
    Hmm I use ,Safari, Google and blogger no or can use worpress as well. just seems to work seamlessly.
    Glad yo figured it out.

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.