Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Friday, December 20, 2019

A quiet day, remembering our Father, a good sleep, apple issues, chat with the Doc.

Where are we today? 
Stratford Ontario

Another wonderful nights sleep , this has been so nice I really enjoy it. And still totally pain free, from 8:30 pm until 3:45 am! I slept in by 15 minutes, amazing.

Fired up my Mac book and not co-operating, hmm a rare occasion, so I rested it a few times, shut off WiFi a few times, still no go? OK had my early breakfast, then a cruise about in my wheel chair, another coffee, and tried again an hour later, Yahoo my Mac is back. As usual never had any big issues over the years with my apple computers, just minor ones that normally end up fixing them selves.

Got my early meds and down to  the kitchen chat with Micheal after 8 am today, for a bit as he is prepping the soup and other food stuffs plus 2 Turkeys for a Christmas dinner here tomorrow that we will miss, (tomorrow that, you can read about that then)
tasty soups, and always good food
Then back to the room, a short walkabout then at 9:30 the Doc came in to check and see how I am feeling, discus my meds etc... no complaints here from me. Just enjoying the beginning of another great day.

Now at 10:30 Suzie arrived and we received phone call from another doc more consulting etc.. Then down for lunch. I was craving some ravioli so she brought me a bit for lunch and asked Mike for 1/2 a smoked smoked meat sandwich, but of course he made a whole one, no matter it was all good.
smoked meat was tasty I guess 1/2 and 1/2 worked for him, lol
and a bit if ravioli hit the spot too
our afternoon view, nice clear a bit of sunshine
our poinsettia is still is still going strong
Then at 2:30 happy hour evolved with my first beer a craft one from CollingWood this is where had our Cottage in the 1950' and 60's. Back then they built ships in the ship yards. Now ski hills, boutiques and craft beers. Amazing how things change.
tasty brew named after the ski hills
at blue mountains here
they getting the dining room set up for Christmas dinner tomorrow
at 5 pm dinner was brought and another tasty brew
dinner tonight, a favourite of mine sloppy joe's and potato salad
always tasty
I chatted with my sister for a while remembering our father who passed away on this date over 20 years ago age 69, from this dread full disease, cancer that's seems to run in our family, my brother at 38 years old. Looks like we will be together again sooner than planned sharing a cold one together.
doing what he loved even in retirement
driving bus Dad always smiling
That was our relaxing day together and looks like we will have a busy one tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

One day at a time








 Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ?
 click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour

24 comments:

  1. Your family really has had a rough time with cancer, and all so young. Your room looks very festive and it is great to hear that you are able to get around and are not in pain ... and able to enjoy some tasty beer! I can't wait to hear what you get up to tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been even more cancer , grandmother, aunts , cousins Uncle, just whole long line here, and I am right there in the mix. So too celebrate every minute makes sense to me as long as I can be pain free spend time with family and friends. And enjoy a beer,

      Delete
  2. Sloppy Joes and potato salad! What a combo. I'm sure your dad and brother won't mind waiting a long time, don't give up, keep fighting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tasty combo to go with cold beer. They will wait I am sure , its been a while so a little longer won't hurt. I and fighting and smiling all along the way , because I can.

      Delete
  3. You share that easy engaging smile with your dad, great photo - thanks for sharing!
    I took your challenge and put peanut butter on a hot dog. In SoCal I eat dogs on a tortilla, never a bun - if that makes a difference. Must say it was much better than I expected, I'd do it again! But that said it is indeed an acquired taste :)
    Hang in there George, you have friends and family here, and we're rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jeff for years my Dad and I passed as brothers. but my son had bright red hair , just the smile. Glad you tried the peanut butter nit as bad as it sounds,
      I pla in hanging around for while yet I hope, and with all you help it sure makes a difference,

      Delete
  4. Always good to hear you had another great sleep and pain free day. Your dad looked like a jolly guy, cancer sucks. Don't care how young or old one is.
    Can't wait to find out what tomorrow will bring for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad was a carefree guy, drove a city bus then school bus and everyone loved him. Cancer does suck, and really amazing how many people it affect in different ways.
      Now today will be a fun day and a milestone for me, we can't wait either.

      Delete
  5. Since you have a lot of cancer in family have your doctors talked about genetic testing for you? Might help your Kids to know if there are any mutant genes. If positive for something they can be watched for an earlier detection of rogue cells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Flowergirl, we have researched this and talked about it still checking into it,

      Delete
  6. Your appetite looks good....If I could figure out how to stuff one of our Pacific N.W. ales into an E-mail I'd do it...
    Obsidian Stout from a Bend brewhouse...
    Take care...eh??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes David, it is good , and for years it got away from me, have always had to keep it on check.
      Not sure how you'd do that but that stout sure sounds tasty,

      Delete
  7. Keep up the fight George. Cancer runs in my family too, so like you, I intend to pack in as much living as I can.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the way to do it ROD iI have been doing just that fo years. Live my dream and do everything I have always wanted to do.

      Delete
  8. You share your smile with your dad and son. I have been wanting a sloppy joe for a while after seeing a prior picture of it here in your blog. Love the different beers you show us daily.

    May you have a great day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Belinda we are similar in many ways.
      the sloppy Joe was very tasty, and have been enjoying the and so easy go make.
      I have been enjoying the different beers gifted to me a real treat ,
      When we have everything we need consumables are perfect especially beer lovers like us.

      Delete
  9. I never did care for the bitter taste of beer but it sure got me into a lot trouble many years ago. I do share your love of Sloppy Joe's though. Not so much the ravioli. Cancer in my family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We do enjoy a cold beer but yes it sure can get you in a lot of trouble. Sloppy Joe's are an easy tatsy meal most people can enjoy. Ravioli is just a passing fancy for a change, I think cancer is just about every where.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sloppy joe looks tasty, good that Suzie brought you a bit of Ravioli to satisfy a craving too.
    Cancer seems to have touched many families, some more than others. A ruthless disease. We are happy that you are enjoying your life to the fullest and no complaints!
    Enjoy your outing today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All was good , the food , Suzie's company,
      Cancer is ruthless for sure,, We have enjoyed a full life so far and intend to cary it thru to the end.. with no complaints.n
      It will be a fun day for sure.

      Delete
  12. Another great day. Love it! Here too. No wonder you're feeling no pain with those great cold cans of beer. I guess you get your smile from Dad. I wondered where. Hoping you're heading for adventure today, and some great food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The different tates of cold beer I wn enjoying. I think the drugs take care of the pain much more then the beer though.
      Yes my Dad was always a happy guy and smiled a lot as well.
      Adventure today will be fun for sure.

      Delete
  13. Cheers George, nice that you are getting to try so many different beers... Here's to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank John I am really enjoying all the different beers gifted to meant draught but the best I can do.
      Cheers !

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.