Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Chair installed, hot sunny day, and fun with friends

Where are we today ? 
 clic a pic to enlarge it
        Was a great sleep we had here now in Calfornia.  Much warmer overnight now about 50 F at 4 am when I woke up. I got my coffee and computing done and waiting a  bit for Suzie to get up finaly   at 6 am. Then I  headed out to the Home Depot in Yuma AZ. I have the plan in my head what I need to do to secure my chair properly.  And knew I could get what I wanted there. A piece of 1/2 inch plywood 28 X 28 inches  to bolt the the floor, The scrap from that part sheet I borrowed a skill saw from head maintenance here  Joe, who we have known for years. Drilled some holes  added the extra pieces to give me the 1 inch height around the edge to fasten the legs. And with our good friend  Rob here helping me a bit and the loan of his cordless drill driver, (mine has died) Got er done. Only problem with all the million screws I have on board for these projects I don't have the right length I need to secure the legs.  No problem I will pick some up maybe tomorrow, then we good to go.
    I will put the finishing touches on to make it look pretty (Suzie's request), With the extra flooring we have stored back home in the spring.
almost a full moon as I headed out this morning
just after 6 am
    Got to the Home Depot, nice that they open at 5 am. Found what we needed and the helpful staff cut  it to size for me. Now fits in the car.
Love coming here great service they have
         Back home and with the saw I borrowed, we got things taken care of.
getting it all together
     Now we almost good to go. At least the chair is secured .
looking better
     After a light tasty lunch I can clean up my mess, put tools away and relax under our awning on an  amazing hot California sunny afternoon. In the shade afternoon temps got to 80F and is what we are here for.
Even Suzie in shorts and her umbrella to shade her,
she is not a sun worshiper and neither am I
      After a very nice afternoon enjoying our page turners and puttering around we were invited to Bill and Patsy's for happy hour at 3:30 so we joined our friends and flapped our gums for a while sharing stories, solving the worlds problems and telling lies, Heck this is what do.Always having fun when we get together.
Ron, Bill and Freddie
Clemson was here keeping a low profile
            And the rest of us here had a fun time.
      Close to 5 pm, time for supper so we all headed on home. I whipped up our tasty salad to go with some boneless, skinless chicken thighs, And while I did that we got to enjoy another desert sunset.
      Chick thighs almost done with the Bourbon BB sauce . Thanks to Deb for the tip.
done perfectly and so tasty
Tasty? Yup, and leftovers as well
a perfect meal for us
          Another great day we enjoyed, getting things done, happy hour with friends and a yummy supper, enjoying some amazing December weather. Yup we do love this lifestyle, can you tell?
          Thanks for checking us out and hope y"all had a great day as  well.

Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ?
 click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour 
 Where have we been this Winter?

20 comments:

  1. O enjoy those solving the worlds problems happy hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chair is looking good! Now I see where it's placed you could have fallen right out the door when it tipped! Happy hour looks like a great time and everybody in shorts! Nice! Dinner and a spectacular sunset..does life get any better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, love this chair, It is just inside the entry door at the top of the steps. Happy hour was fun and the weather amazing., and nothing quite like desert sunsets.

      Delete
  3. Nice job on the foundation for the chair, now I feel better about you not falling down into the entrance cause that could really hurt. Beautiful sunset

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JO. I feel better about that as well. Really don't want to get hurt.

      Delete
  4. Glad your chair is fixed. We really didn't want to see you on crutches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got your chair secured, don't need any more tumbles.
    Great fun here in Pilot Knob with the gang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy me too, And yes we sure are having fun.

      Delete
  6. Nice job with the design on the platform for your chair. It's nice when a plan comes together. I believe you captured Venus along with the full moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff, it is nice when it all comes together. I was wonderful who than other star was up there.

      Delete
  7. Great the chair project worked out. Your a man of many talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, just put my thinking cap on and put it all together, worked out nicely.

      Delete
  8. Look at all of you with the shorts. And this born and raised Yuman is still dressing like it's winter! Great photos. Elva Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Elva with this dry air and sunshine we were quite comfortable. You can dress like winter because it is, and you are used to much hotter weather than we usually get.

      Delete
  9. Glad you enjoy the bourbon bbq sauce George. We love it.
    So happy you have your chair secured and stable. No more worries about falling down the stairs.
    Enjoy the heat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite tasty for a change from our usual one. The chair is good and solid now, Much better thanks.
      We are loving this heat !

      Delete
  10. The chair is looking good. I know that you will pretty it up once you get back to Canada but now you can really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks loving this chair, it is so comfy.

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.