Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Another perfect fall day we really enjoyed with more friends.


Where are we today ?
 clic a pic to enlarge it
            Cooler again last night good for sleeping. And today is going to be a wonderful sunny clear blue cloudless skies and no wind can't ask for much more. 
        No walkabout this morning, just because I did not feel like it. But I did take a drive into Strathroy enjoying the quiet country roads. Destination was the TSC store in town there. To get a new straw hat. The one I have had for about a year and half has stretched so did not fit properly any more. And they had them on Sale for 6 bucks off the same hat I bought last year and liked. A couple more stops there and back home for a light lunch. The construction there in Strathroy even more than the last time 3 detours in town to get to my final destination.
my new hat on the right, same as the other but now fits properly
       The afternoon was one of a few walkabouts, and enjoying our e-readers in the shade of this pleasantly quite campground. With the exception of Mark and John trimming a few trees around with a chainsaw on a stick.
a perfect warm fall day
tree trimming they need to do
      One on my walkabouts I actually caught Gerry working! Leaning on the rake.
Gerry is cleaning up the garden that Melinda cleaned out.
think she did most of the work
     Then shortly after 3 pm Happy Hour at Rob and Pats. Good friends for here came by to join us. They live fairly close so just drove their car to join us Ken and Kim.
enjoying a nice Happy hour sharing stories
Then Rob took  picture with me in it, just because 
Tucker making the rounds
doggie fix for Suzie with Tucker
Joe stopped by with Choco so another doggie fix
        Supper tonight going to enjoy a spaghetti squash for supper, cooked quickly in the microwave  11 minutes using some homemade sauce I had in the freezer. To the sauce I added a turkey burger, onions, fresh mushrooms and fresh garlic just to spruce it up a bit.
love this spaghetti squash so tasty and no carbs
and of course some leftovers
    That was our very enjoyable warm fall  day Happy hour and friends joining us for Happy hour as well.
     Now to relax outside on a another warm evening , wrap up this posting and some more reading until it cools down enough to head inside.
     Glad that you stopped by and just know y'all had a great fall day as well.

Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour 
 Where have we been this Summer ?

20 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day. Keep on enjoying the wonderful weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful day and the weather perfect no complaints here.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking hat choice ... so you! Looks like a nice turnout for happy hour. Are you all planning your winter travels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff, i do like this hat and is so comfortable. Happy Hour was a great turn out too. We don't plan to much other than a couple of places to maybe stop and see along the way, which way we don't know, depends on the weather etc.. No doubt we will be back in the southwest again, Arizona and California for some wonderful winter weather.

      Delete
  3. Your new hat looks so cool. I also like the spaghetto squash my other one is zucchini squash using a spiral cutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JO I have not tried the zucchini yet but am sure it would be very nice as well.

      Delete
  4. I do not know how you managed to find almost the same hat as the one you are replacing. I truly love my hat but since it is older I have not been able to find one that even comes close to it.

    Had not heard it referred to as "chainsaw on a stick" but I am down with it. Another thing I bought a couple of years back that is still in its original box collecting dust :-(

    Gerry found you all....ooops...meant Tucker found you guys! Your Happy Hours looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky finding the same hat, and not even the same store, the same chain though. I call it a chainsaw on a stick just because that's what it looks like to me. They sure are handy. Tucker can find us pretty well anywhere in the campground for some Happy Hour fun.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great deal on your new hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking hat! I love that you meet for happy hour most every day. Laughing is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I like the hat too. Happy hours is something we can do sometimes various different people, share tips, stories and have a few laughs.

      Delete
  7. Love the new hat! We love happy hour with you guys too! I forgot to mention that Granddaughter # 3 and her skates are just too adorable!! Oh my dinner!! I haven't done spaghetti squash spaghetti in ages, but now I'm craving it!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks same hat as the other one only newer. Happy hour is always fun looking forward to more with you guys as well She id getting a good strat skating just like her mom and brothers. The spaghetti squash was wonderful in season now here too.

      Delete
  8. Now that's a HAT! The spaghetti squash dinner looks good too. I haven't seen it in the supermarkets here for years, don't know why but when we could get it I really liked it with a good tomato sauce and some meat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my favorite hat glad I for the same one again.
      That is how we love our spaghetti squash too. We can get them year your in most places.

      Delete
  9. Do you still have your pith helmet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do usually use it in the very hot weather and when mowing the lawn. Love that hat too. This one is my everyday kick around hat.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.