Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Friday, October 12, 2018

My Tuneup, and soup kinda day again.

Where are we today ? 
 clic a pic to enlarge it
     Yup it was a chilly night 45F outside at 5 am about 52F inside, but we had a wonderful sleep, toasty warm in bed under our 100 pound comforter. This morning I think maybe I should turn the heater on, lol.
what a nice eerie looking sunrise at 7 am
      At 7:20 am I headed into Waterloo for my Chiropractor , the vehicles have been taken care of for the winter almost, my turn for a tuneup. After that I headed on back the quiet country roads to Oak Grove Cheese in New Hamburg to pick up our 6- 1/2 pound packages of their extra old cheese all shrink wrapped to tide us over the winter months. Like our favourite coffee this is our favourite cheese.
      Home by 9:30 am  and got a large pot of Turkey vegetable, barley soup going from the broth I made last weekend and froze. A perfect day for some nice hearty soup at lunch time and a few more lunches as well.
smells wonderful while cooking
sure hit the spot on a much cooler fall day
            Next on the agenda was to replace a drawer latch that broke. I always carry a spare or 2 , so in no time that was taken care of. Our silverware draw that gets the most use, I have replaced it twice before, not bad after 12 years of constant use.
nice to have this on hand
     Then cruising  about town I noticed a few more wonderful fall leaf colors.
this down by the school yard
     We actually got some outside reading time today, when the sunshine appeared it was very nice though only 56F, still nice to be outside enjoying this fresh air.
so peaceful here and love the views
    I finished a Lee Child book and began another that I had on my Kobo, Always enjoy the adventures of Jack Reacher.
another page turner
         Now almost 5 pm time for a quick easy supper tonight, Some wonderful Bush's beans to go with a turkey burger for Suzie and my very last Chorizo burger, until we get back to the southwest.
we do enjoy these baked beans
always a nice treat
not long on our Weber Q,  Turkey burger on the right
English muffins in foil
this did the trick tonight very tasty
     No more outside tonight  at 7 pm 49F think we be comfy and cozy inside for the rest of the evening. Supposed to go  to 34 f overnight, brr will be a nice snuggly one for sure
     Just another day here putting in time until we can head on out and cross the border for some new adventures. And eventually warmer temperatures than here.
     Thanks for tagging along.
Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour 
 Where have we been this summer?

12 comments:

  1. The soup looks really good. And I always forget about the chorizo burgers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soup was tasty thanks, and the chorizo burgers excellent.

      Delete
  2. I’ve had to replace several of our push latches too. I’ve also add self-closing slides. Kinda overkill but Fran loves it. Always enjoy Jack Reacher novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only one we have replaced but it does get a lot of use. the self closing would be a nice touch too. Jack is an interesting character.

      Delete
  3. Wow ... your weather changed rather quickly it seems. Love the fall colors. I think I can smell your soup ... yum yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Nancy it sure did, this is about as good as it gets for a while. The falls colors are wonderful and the soup hit the spot.

      Delete
  4. I stock a couple packs of those drawer latches, they sure don't last very long. :c(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always nice to keep them on hand especially when travelling.

      Delete
  5. Colors are beautiful! Soup and dinner looked awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks we enjoy the fall colors when we are here, and some comfort food as well. Soon heading south again.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.