Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Wednesday, Nov 27th

Where are we today? 
Stratford, Ontario

Today Rob & Pat Aljoe stopped by for a visit this morning. We have know them since we went full time. Great visit and lots of laughs.
 Joe, from Rock Glen stopped by this afternoon. He caught us both snoozing. Didn't take long for us to wake up. Another enjoyable visit.
Yesterday about 4, he was dreaming of making spaghetti and meat balls. My understanding is that when he was younger, they had very small meat balls. He kept trying to figure out how he was going to do that while in hospital. Next best thing is to find a restaurant. I tried to find a place quickly and of course my iPhone and iPad were not co-operating. Checked it out this morning and found Boston Pizza just down the road. After the day progressed, he changed his mind, so we had chicken wings, fries from Boston Pizza and beer of course. The wings were good but not like The Edge in Plattsville. We continue to say that they have the best wings.
Being as he was tired after eating, I left early and wanted to do some shopping. Before leaving, I let his nurse know I was leaving and to take care of my husband for me. I really wanted a dish drainer. Even though we have a dish washer, we don't really have enough dishes to fill it up. This way I can wash the dishes and set them in the drainer. Much easier to wash a cup, cereal bowl, plate and a couple of utensils.

Overall another great day, filled with memories, for sure.

One Day At A Time

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're documenting those memories and sharing them with us. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t think George will ever give up cooking, even in his dreams!!! Lol. So happy it was a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm inspired to make meatballs... Enjoy the dish drainer Suzie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be hosting 18 for a family gathering, meatballs and pasta sound like a great idea - thanks George! Glad you had another good day, keep stringing those good days together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzie you are doing such a good job blogging. I am glad George is eating well once more and had another good day. You both are constantly in my thoughts. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic another great day.....and celebrating with a BEER and wings
    GOOD FOR YOU GEORGE ....Wishing you many more...HUGS for Suzie and you
    Dorothy Martin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear George is thinking about food, and enjoying wings and beer. Good job with the pictures, you've got this blogging down pat Suzie, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice to have good friends stop by. Another memory making day for sure. Leave it to George to dream about cooking...:) I love that you told the Nurse to take care of your husband for you. Take care.
    Continued prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had to laugh that George was dreaming of cooking meat balls of all things. Seems to be eating good. More good friends visiting. Every one loves you and George and some of us have never even met either of you. You great vibes reach us though the blog.
    Blessing to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great smile today George, I had meat balls with Fettuccini Alfredo tonight, I made the meatballs..
    Best to you two, positive thoughts for sure!
    David Evans

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish you were here. You have always been my hero because you now how to cook. Last night I had my first panic attack. It all started a year ago. I'm a 75 year old widower that knows how to make rice and open cans. I really like your recipes. With those anybody can cook,right? I got a weber Q and bought a 10# turkey and put it on the grill just like you. If George can do it, I can. With 30 min to go it looked great so I went inside to watch some football. Two hours later, I woke up. Last week I told my dogs that I'm going to cook another turkey. Their eyes got big and they looked at each other and then me. I know what they were thinking but this year it will be different. Now I have the hebby jebbys. You make it look so easy. God bless you and Susie
















    ReplyDelete
  12. Great blog Suzie! Love the pics of George. Yesterday (wouldn't let me comment) love the pic of you and Grandaughter #3..so precious! A little company how wonderful! Love that George dreamed of cooking! You both are in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful that Rob and Pat got up for a visit. You've know each other for a long time. :)
    Glad George still has an appetite and in his dreams, I'm sure the meatballs would be awesome! Funny what we dream about.
    Continued thoughts and prayers. Got a kick out of Gary's comment above. :) I'm sure George did too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beard looks cool. Happy U.S. thanksgiving wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful for friends to visit. It's always nice to see smiling, friendly faces.
    I'll bet George was thinking of how to cook the meatballs on the Weber Q. It's so nice that he has an appetite and is enjoying his meals and beer.
    Happy US Thanksgiving to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. George and Suzie you are a blessing to us all. Happy Thanksgiving from Kansas. I'm thankful for your friendship and your blog that I've followed for several years now. I've learned many things and recipes from you. I think of and pray for you and your family often.

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.