Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Getting a few things taken care of on a rainy day.

Where are we today ? 
 clic a pic to enlarge it
      Not so cool last night 68 F at 5:30 this morning and raining just like was forecast. Got the coffees and computing done then to Pettigrew's Garage to service the car for 8 am Lube, oil filter then install and balance the 2 new front tire we picked up on sale earlier this summer, only 50 bucks each and even better we had more than enough Canadian tire money pay for them. Still have never had to pay for tires on our 17 year old Saturn  we tow behind the coach.
     Next was a trip to New Hamburg to Hemmerick Hearing centre. My hearing aides are beeping that means they need to go back to the factory (no cost to me) for service. Will be gone a week or so but they are nice enough to give me loners to get me through the next week. Then a stop at the Sobey's here looking for our favorite crackers start stocking up for the winter, This is the only place I have found them, bought all 19 boxes on sale 50 cents off a good deal. Last winter we took 35 boxes with us and made it through the winter. To help with storage I will remove them from their boxes and pack then in another large box under our dinette.
We really like these crackers with humus
     Now I have a chiropractor appointment in Waterloo for 12 noon get my back tuned up again. Boy did he fix me up, no more sore lower back and hip pain, stomach feels better. So nice to be tuned up again. From there I went to Hilltop Acres Poultry and picked up some of our favorite farmer's sausage, Turkey and garlic. I would get more if our freezer was not so full. LOL. Maybe before we head south get more.
they used too be at the St. Jacobs Market
but now have to come here
they have more interesting stuff as well
     Back home by 1:30 pm, I drove in the rain all day, still raining/drizzling now but not windy and a comfortable 70F outside. We can now enjoy a comfortable afternoon enjoying our readers outside and a quiet happy hour. And watching the squirrels running around they can be very entertaining.
still drizzling but we are dry under our awning
this one stopped longe enough for me to take a picture 
     Suzie had received her new tag for the car so I put in on, just because  I could . Good for 2 more years n ow.
New Tag for the car her birthday
in September 
            Soon time to whip up supper. Gotta grill some of this tasty sausage we enjoy to go with our salad tonight.  Smells wonderful on our Weber Q.
4 lbs here we get 8 meals from this
the rest packed up and in the freezer
we really enjoy this Turkey garlic sausage.
real garlic flavour we enjoy
added to our salad was wonderful
     Now after supper we can enjoy a very nice still warm evening, relaxing reading, chatting and even watching the squirrels and bunnies .
     Now that was our fun day getting things done and still enjoying this pretty warm weather even with the rain. Watching the grass grow so I can mow it again before we leave !
     Glad that you dropped by today and hope you had a pretty good one as well.
Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour 
 Where have we been this Summer ?

14 comments:

  1. You sure had a busy day. It always feels good to get things done. I just had to get new tags for my truck and I did the 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was busy but nice to get those things taken care of. And the tags for 2 years make it easier,

      Delete
  2. You had a busy day! That turkey garlic sausage looks so good bet it tastes even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was busy but paced myself, This sausage is so wonderfully tasty the best we have tried.

      Delete
  3. Beach and I have not tried the turkey garlic sausage; it looks very tasty and, of course, it is more healthy for you than pork sausage; so we'll pick some up at Wal-Mart. However, we have tried the turkey bacon and it tastes like cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This garlic sausage we love from this particular local butcher, Have never seen anything close to it at Walmart, We agree about the turkey bacon.

      Delete
  4. You guys have access to the most interesting food!! Your crackers are like my coffee!! I think I still have 25 cans. Oh what I would give for your 68 degrees. At 4:00 this morning it was 82. Big sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have some good food we have found around this area, Too I will stock up with our coffee enough for the winter. The cool nights are great for sleeping and comfortable temperatures during the days.

      Delete
  5. Nice to take advantage of a rainy day to get a few things done, it certainly did not dampen your grill :)
    We do not have the option for 2-year tags, I think the idea should catch on and reduce the paperwork at our DMV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did take advantage of the rainy day, Not much can dampen my Weber Q. The 2 years option is nice and we can even oder them on line and have them mailed to us as well. Pretty easy.

      Delete
  6. Defiantly that time of year to start buying special items to tide us over the winter. Those crackers look good. Very nice of that company to give you loaner hearing aides. I can't imagine not hearing for a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoy these crackers , and are starting to stock up.
      Hemmerich Hearing has treated me very well for all these years, It is not fun with out them.

      Delete
  7. Dean stil has his older hearing aids and whll be sending his good ones in for repair within a week or so. We'll both be glad when he gets then back... all like new.
    Glad the chiropractor got you fixed up. Looking forward to an adjustment myself!
    We returned to KS this afternoon..to 85 after a wonderful cool day of 65 in Colorado yesterday. I love my home state but not so much in August. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have my old ones as well, but when she offered me newer loaners I jumped at it, why not? Will be nice to get my back. I and so used to the blue tooth on them for my phone, gps and television. Gotta love getting all fixed up up with the Chiro. makes me feel brand new again.
      Ontario is wonderful in the summer time we love it, but no so much in the winter cold snow and ice. KS is a nice stay we have visited many time over the years passing through.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.