Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Monday, August 26, 2019

A soup day, good friend visits and circles in the lawns here

Where are we today ?
 clic a pic to enlarge it
       Early to bed last night at 9 pm and had a wonderful sleep, with our windows open. But then I got up at 5:30 this morning was only 54F inside. So fired up our blue flame heater and quietly warmed us up in no time. We do really like this heater and uses so very little propane as well.
our fireplace 
nice country drive to New Hamburg
     Then I put the chicken bones from last night on to make a broth for soup. Hopped in the car stopped at Pettigrews to make an appointment with Dale for our car tomorrow, Then a quick trip to New Hamburg for some veggies for the soup and more gas for the mower here.
Love the round bales in the fields right behind us
     Back home before 9 am , finished adding to the soup and hopped on the mower to mow the front of the yard around our coach and pool, before lunch. I was almost done here and a very good friend and former employer Marc dropped by for a visit. So nice to see him again, it has been a while and they only live around the corner. Suzie had gone for mail, and picked up our 2 new tires at her Brothers, came back home and we chatted with Marc for almost 3 hours, so nice to see him again, catching up and in no rush to go anywhere.
        He headed home about 12:30 , we enjoyed some chicken noodle stoup for lunch, I forgot about it on the stove so it boiled down almost to a stew so stoup.
tasty stoup we enjoyed for lunch
        Then I about 1:30 I hopped back on the mower to finish the rest of the 5 acres mowing the lawn here. 2 of the larger areas I did circles starting in the middle, round and round right out to the edges, I timed it and much quicker, probably cut 20 minutes off the time it normally takes. I always have fun on this heavy duty Ferris mower. Done just after 3 pm right in time for a quiet happy hour. Temperatures today were in the high 70's F and mostly sunny but a cool breeze. quite comfortable.
this is a fun mower to ride,
zero turn and fast
the last field round and round nice large circles
our afternoon view freshly mowed yard
love the smell
from the last field, cannot see our coach or
 house from here a beautiful sunny day
        Soon time for supper tonight a Turkey Burger for Suzie and a chorizo burger for me perfect for a nice light meal.
english muffins in foil to warm up 
my tasty Chorizo burger I made from the Butcher
at Olsons in WHY Arizona
only 1 left , I use these sparingly
      Now that sure was a nice  relaxing day getting things done, lawn all mowed and a very nice visit with a good friend. Nice to get that taken care of supposed to rain tomorrow and have a few other things to take care of as well.
      Thanks for taking a peek and hope y'all had great day as well.

Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ?
 click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour 
 Where have we been this Summer ?

14 comments:

  1. Your soup looks just my normal soup. Not too thick in my option. Anyway, it certainly looks tasty. I have to mention, that you do seem to shop on a daily basis. I only go into town once per week to get the weeks groceries. The small of freshly cut grass is wonderful. Great idea re the circles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was thicker than my normal but tasty. I like go for a cruise about the countryside every day anyway and can usually pick up a fresh veggies and stuff.We decide what we would like for supper and then maybe need to pick up something.

      Delete
  2. How does the chorizo from Why compareto that of BS? It's a bit of a Tex-Mex/Southwest treat, can you find it in Canada?
    Cutting the grass in circles, has me thinking of crop circles. Have you thought of some alien pattern for the grass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as good a BS but better than none. I have found a butcher that make the chorizo sausage, but not very spicy. I could do patterns but would take even longer,But have no way of viewing from the air.

      Delete
  3. What great temperatures you are having that you would need to use a heater in the morning. Your soup looks delicious as well as your chorizo burger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty nice but a bit cooler than I like but at least we have sunshine and no rain so far. Thanks was all tasty and love my chorizo always a nice treat.

      Delete
  4. I would love to have those temperatures in the morning and the afternoon ones are great to. You circle lawn cutting is really cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temps are more like the desert there in the winter, cool nights and warm sunny days. The circles were a nice change

      Delete
  5. We are cool here in the am too, then up to 102 today! UHHH...So ready for FALL. The circles are really cool! Sounds like a perfect day with your sweetie! Soup looks yummy as always. Nice to have a visit with someone and be able to talk for hours and get caught up! Dinner oh so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more high temperatures here like that for this year. I had fun with the circles. The soup tasty and catching up with Marc was fun. And the burgers very tasty.

      Delete
  6. Crop circles!!! Must be aliens around!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As we travel through the country we see so many huge lawns. When we lived in Wisconsin, in the 80's, we too mowed a couple of acres. Now when I see them, I wonder about all the hours and fuel is used to cut them. The hours are less important because many feel it is a relaxing time, or a bit of fun. When all is mowed it looks pretty good, I guess, but I still wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why as well, My house only had 1/2 acre lots and that was enough. Here I can mow the lawn for John and get free camping the use of his pool, and wonderful scenery. Plus close to our families as well.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.