Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Sunshine is what it's all about and even got an improvement done for our coach.

Where are we today ?
                   What do we have again but another excellent sunrise and sunset that I will bore you with. But that's what we have to put up with here in the desert.
Sunrise
       Yesterday on our way to the Grubstake for supper we stopped by the Discount Solar to pick up a battery top up system that I spotted there the other day. A slightly used one  complete for $ 40.00 US, good deal half price. So Suzie talked me into it. Even with the exchange it was a great price. Have wanted one for a few years. To top our house batteries  that I have to disconnect otherwise and remove just to check and top up, a real pain.
        So my project today was install this system, not a big deal, 30 minutes and done.
this be the system
      All installed and really works so slick going to really like this, so easy to use.
       That done we can enjoy a light lunch a few more walkabouts and some reading in the afternoon sunshine.
blue clear skies,
and intense sun
      Even though the temps were only 56f, in the sun it was hot!  Shorts and t shirts for a while, gotta love it ! And now some serious reading and another walkabout too.
my book this afternoon
no shorts for Suzie, she a wus..
      Then my regular routine  that I love , fire up our Weber Q, make a salad and grill a couple marinated boneless, skinless chicken breasts on a bun.
tried the grill mat for these
did not dry out the chicken breasts
sure hit the spot
then another wonderful desert sunset
        Not much more than that but was a wonderful day. Fresh air, warm weather, exercise, sunshine, relaxing, good reading and spending time with Suzie just the 2 of us, does it get much better than that? Think not.
       Thanks for stopping in for a peek again.

Check out the interactive map below to see where we have been this Fall and Winter..

12 comments:

  1. Nice blue sky, but too cold for me! Strange weather when it's warmer back in Canada!

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually not that cold with the warm sunshine, cold in the shade yes, It will get colder back in Canada soon.

      Delete
  2. Sorry you have to auffer theough all those nice sunrises and sunsets and good weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough life but we will try not to enjoy it too much.

      Delete
  3. I'm with Suzie, long pants and maybe a blanket but still sitting outside to read. Great upgrade you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will wear the long pants if gets chilly enough, and I do most of the day.
      Love the upgrade too have looked at it for a few years. This time the price was right.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a good addition to your coach

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of those systems on my MH, loved it. Then last year when I had some invertor problems I went to the factory. They found I had a bad battery and replaced all three with batteries that were incompatible with the system, so now I have to check the battery water the old way, pulling them out and adding water. Thirty minutes to do that instead of the one minute with the watering system. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks, I have 2 trojan batteries that I would replace with the same ones next time as well so should be good, for a while.
      I am gonna enjoy this system for sure.

      Delete
  6. Paul has one of those watering things. He loves it.
    Does Suzie know you called her a wus? Maybe I need to give her a call. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The watering thing is amazing gonna love it.
      Suzie reads the blog everyday after I post it did not even mention it to me, You can call here if you like, I am still alive at the moment.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.