Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Rv'ers worst nightmare, then we had sunshine warm temps and much less wind.

Where are we today ?
     Me up as usual early this morning and walkabouts for a couple miles was wonderful. Then about 9 am hopped in the car to head into town, only 2 miles from here.
      Right away I noticed this huge black cloud in the sky towards town. Not a good sign !
       Down the road a bit was coming from La Posa North, BLM LTVA. Headed in a short way. Fire trucks, police cars here is an rv on fire! Gotta stop and check it out. Is a motorhome, engulfed in flames, but all under control. Thank goodness nobody injured the owners were safe !
         Within minutes it was totally destroyed. I looked closely and does not look like a fridge fire. probably an electrical issue. Many solar panels and batteries, but do not know for sure. But like I said cooler today temps in the high 50's f but in the sun and no wind it is very hot.
        Puttered around for a while, sterilized our water jugs, had a bite for lunch. Then Off to the dump station. Been here for 8 days so almost due. But today works for us.
        So secure the coach, jacks up slide in and 1/4 mile down the road. Dump our sewage and refill our fresh water tank we will be good to go until we leave here next Saturday.
        Only a 5 minute wait here, no line up, not like January when we could be in line for over 3 hours.
         Lotsa Blue boys and people who improvise to get rid of their sewage.. This had to be the busiest place here.
        Then we fill with fresh water and back to "home dirt" total about 45 minutes and we are all set up again.
fresh water station
lots of dumpsters here too
back home and relaxing in the sun
45 minutes we done
      Lotsa people head to the dump station our neighbor  taking his "blue boy" behind his trike.
         Other neighbors set up for the winter,  shelters and lotsa solar.
       Now 1 pm we can enjoy the warmth of the sun and get some quality reading time done.
           Time for supper want some sauerkraut to go with grilled pork chops and a salad. nice that we have found the small cans.
Weber Q fired up , wind screen in place
not long to grill the chops
thats it very tasty again
Of course another great sunset in the desert. We never tire of these.
     That was our great day and hope for no fire in our rv,
     Glad you dropped by and keep safe wherever you are.


Check out the interactive map below to see where we have been this Fall and Winter..

24 comments:

  1. How heartbreaking to loss your home....so close to Xmas. ..hope they will be OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not very nice that's for sure, at, least they are alive and uninjured.

      Delete
  2. We saw a motor home fire two years ago when we were there. Very very scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very scary, we did see one someplace else years ago, don't remember where though.

      Delete
  3. Oh, no. That really is an RVers worst nightmare. Ever notice how the number of readers on your blog goes up the more disasters you mention in your title?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just disasters but the subject as well.

      Delete
  4. So glad you let us know that no one was hurt in that fire.

    In all our years of traveling, we have never used a Blueboy. Wonder if there's a lot of smell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to ask the sheriff just to be sure.

      We have never used one either , its just too easy to move our coach to the dump station.
      There should be no smell as long as you use it properly and don't spill.

      Delete
  5. Yep,definitely an RVer's worst nightmare! Glad nobody was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a sigh of relief when found out all was ok.

      Delete
  6. As everyone else stated glad nobody was hurt. It is an RVer's worst nightmare but being this close to the holidays makes it harder.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was a scary sight to see and the smell from all the burning toxins, could be smelled on main street 2 miles away.

      Delete
  7. The way the MH is parked it could have ignited a brush fire too. It is really important that RVs are not parked too close to eachother otherwise......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rule here is at least 15 feet apart and there was a lot more space than that and from the brush too.
      No damage other than his coach, maybe some smoke on the neighbors upwind.

      Delete
  8. How unfortunate for the owners but glad they are unharmed. I'm sure they are devastated with their loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like a total loss, but at least they are unharmed,

      Delete
  9. Glad everyone's OK. I would be interested to know what caused the fire, if you find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be interested too, will keep checking.

      Delete
  10. Fire in RVs is really bad. They can be engulfed very quickly. My older RVs had multiple doors (my travel trailer and class-C MH) but my diesel pusher only has one door up front on the passenger side. That is a long way from the bedroom. Yes there are windows, but for us older folks, getting out those windows would not be easy if not impossible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went up very quick.
      We have one door mid way on our coach plus the drivers door and the exit window in the bedroom. Would not be easy to get out, but in case of a fire I think we would manage.

      Delete
  11. Not good, fire in an RV. Too many have burned from fridge failures, but you're right, this one doesn't look like that was the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect electrical fire, there was multiple solar panels near the front of the coach and quite a few batteries cables all burnt as well as the solar panels.

      Delete
    2. Have you heard anything more on this fire? George, is it really possible that the solar equipment somehow overheated and caught the unit on fire? If yes, that's scary. Hope these folks are able to get another coach and carry on with their lives/travels. Take care, George. Hi to Suzie.

      Cat Lady in Central, La.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Judy .
      I have been unable to find out more, but many people install their own solar panels with inferior wires or fuses or even a loose connection could cause a spark.
      Not sure whats going on now nothing new on this tragedy.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.