Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Friday, July 19, 2019

Supposed to be very hot , but not so much just enjoying this day

Where are we today ? 
 clic a pic to enlarge it
             Up and raring to go at 5:30 this morning after a very good sleep. Start off with oatmeal orange juice and coffees, Then seeing as it will be very hot day I was outside at 7:00 am take the garbage out to the curb for 7 am and making use of the tree branch trimming tools I borrowed from neighbour Barry. So many trees, bushes branches etc. that grow here, some in the way of the motorhome and lots more in my way mowing the lawns here.
       Nice to have the long pole trimmer to get some of the higher branches from the ground. Then a walk around  this 5 acres trimming most of the branches that are in my way or attack me. By 9 am I hopped on the mower and finished the last bit of yard around the house and the RV. That all taken care of before 10 am and it was hot already 89F feeling like 104 and getting hotter. With this all done I was ready for my first swim of the day , maybe more if we don't get the predicted thunderstorms.
I use to have these trimmers when we had the house
but figured we would need them anymore
almost 14 years ago 
trimmed these trees in the lane
much better now
and then down around the property for a while as well
          Suzie had taken her Dad for another doctors appointment at 9 am and got back home by 11:30  so we enjoyed a nice light tasty lunch.  Then I went to New Hamburg to get more gas for the mower some groceries and stopped at  Steve Belk Jewellers and watch maker in New Hamburg to pick up my gold chain that he repaired for me. I have known Steve for probably 30 years always came into my restaurant for Fish and chips that they loved. He still wants me to open another restaurant , But that is not going to happen, been there done that and had a lot of fun. Burned myself out back then.
have been going here for years he treats us right
forecast is this but did not happen
not that hot at all
      While I was gone we had a very heavy downpour of rain and the temperature dropped, big time. 3 pm only 75F though they say it feels like 100F ?? No it does not, quite very comfortable here still.
     I got home to make the salad for maybe supper tonight if too hot. Chicken Balsamic Salad for that recipe you can click HERE or my recipe blog top right side bar.
we really do enjoy this salad on a hot day
 but not today it will be better tomorrow
the yard looks wonderful once again
    While in New Hamburg I picked up some chicken for a very good price. In case we wanted to grill some tonight.
     Back home Suzie and I enjoyed a very nice afternoon in the shade chatting and reading, then at 4 pm it was decided another swim in the pool, just because we can. Oh my this feels so good. 
8 drumbsticks 
8 chicken thighs
     I split these into 2 meals cooked one tonight and the rest in our freezer for another meal.
not long on our Weber Q about 45 minutes turning half way through
done to perfection 
added to our usual salad sure did the trick
     Supper was wonderful and we even had some leftovers for lunches or whatever.
     Now we can enjoy more of this nice warm summer weather outside. Finish this posting and right back into our our page turners again. We sure are enjoying this summer weather so quiet and peaceful here.  Hope you are enjoying this weather as well.
       Last night I took drive down the road a few hundred yards and managed to catch another interesting country sunset.
 a decent sunset once again
      Now listening to the birds, and mourning doves,  watching the squirrels, and bunnies Nothing quite like this quiet peaceful country living.
     Thanks for taking the time to drop on by.

Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour 
 Where have we been this Summer ?

18 comments:

  1. We would trade you some cool Alberta weather for a bit of Ontario heat. It's only been about 10C for the last two days. I better be careful what I wish for though. I hate the humidity.
    Best to get your chores done early in the day. Good for you.
    Keep enjoying the peace and quiet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been enjoying this heat wave supposed to cool down on sunday though. Got everything done nice and early then we can relax.

      Delete
  2. I used to have all those tools, too and sold them all when we went fulltime. Now that we have another house I've bought them all again. :c)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don;'t have another house but can at least borrow them when needed. Hopefully never need to buy them again.

      Delete
  3. You did a good job on the yard. Loved the sunset pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. B It is looking much better now, and almost always some nice sunset pictures.

      Delete
  4. You sure do keep a nice yard for those folks, but to let you park there it is well worth it.
    Your chicken looks so good, its to hot here to even BBQ. I bet if I just left the chicken on the railing it would cook just fine LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JO It is worth it to be able to enjoy this beautiful area and quiet camp site. We do love our chicken, It was not as hot as predicted so I cooked it up we do love our chicken.

      Delete
  5. That's an awful lot of work for someone who's retired! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really all that much, I pace myself and is a good thing to be active. Retired 14 years now and have slowed down quite a bit, compared to nonstop all the time.

      Delete
  6. Nice of you to trim the bushes and trees..I'm sure it's appreciated! Good looking chicken and a beautiful sunset! Your chicken salad looks yummy and I agree, probably better on the 2nd day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trimming mostly helps me for mowing the lawn and not scratching the motorhome. Supper was tasty and the chicken salad will be perfect today , no cooking required it this hot humid weather.

      Delete
  7. You certainly keep busy. I was worn out reading about your day :). You are a very young retiree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to keep busy yes I am a young 70 years old, but do pace myself . Get things done and relax in the afternoon.

      Delete
  8. HA - I still have all those tools, and more, gotta trim the yard now and again. Think we're catching up to you, had the AC setto 74F last night and it came on a few times! Right now it is pouring Biblical rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are getting close by the time you get here it will be much cooler.

      Delete
  9. We had a hot day yesterday and another one today. 88f feeling like 100F. Good to work in the early hours.
    See? It's nice sitting in one place for an extended period of time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice hot day but we really don't enjoy staying in one place for a long time really, really need to go. If it was not for her dad we would have been long gone. We have wheels and want to get going again.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.