Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Got a few things done, enjoyed the pool and this wonderful weather.

Where are we today ?
 clic a pic to enlarge it
        Still having some amazing weather and looks like it will be here for a while yet. Not a problem here that's for sure. Another good sleep. got the coffees and computing all done and outside for a bit then at 8am I went the Hemmerick Hearing in New Hamburg, my one hearing aide quit working last night.
        Sheri gave it a quick check and got it working again made a few adjustments and working like new again. Back home puttered around for a while and enjoyed an early light tasty lunch.
        Then it was getting hot again but wanted to do a bit more polishing and waxing on our coach while I have the use of John's 6 foot ladder for the higher areas at least. About an hour and I called it quits for today, I got the upper areas done in the shade of our awning but heck it was hot in that hour I consumed a litre of water. Also found that this Mcguiar's  oxidization remover cleaned up our fading vinyl graphics as well wonderful stuff this is. Only need to do a bit more of the higher areas another day, won't take long, and the rest I can do from the ground no ladder needed. I will get more done when it was not quite so hot.
I polished and waxed above the trim line today
the red and green graphics like new again
      A bit latter we are relaxing in the, shade Suzie and I went to the pool for a very nice refreshing swim, perfect. And you know it is hot when she goes in the pool. Perfect here all to ourselves again. Water temp perfect at 80F. Air temps about 92F.
then our usual view, that we love
        Relax a bit more in the shade, now that the sun is off our awning, enjoyed a quiet Happy hour before whipping up supper. Tonight reheat the leftover primavera (stir fry) Suzie brought home from last night and fried up some Pickerel/Walleye fillets in our fry Daddy to go with it,
we really do love our fry daddy
perfect fried fish in just a few minutes
the primavera stir fried was excellent
even better than last night  she said
a wonderful meal we both enjoyed
oh so tasty
       Now supper done, dishes done we can enjoy some of this warm summer weather outside. Finish this posting read for a while longer. Listen to the birds, mourning doves, and watch the bunnies and squirrels skittering around. Nothing like this country living. 
      That was our great day hope you had one as well. Thanks again for taking the time to drop on by.
      Maybe catch a sunset later on and will post that tomorrow.
Want to learn more about Membership camping at Rock Glen Family Resort ? 
click this link www.geosuzie.rockglen.com to book a tour 
 Where have we been this Summer ?

18 comments:

  1. What kind of oil did you say you use? I think you said but I forgot. I discovered a fryer under my counter!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always used canola oil even in my restaurant. Only change it a few times a year depending what I am frying.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the tip about Mcguiar's oxidization remover the Rpod needs some cleaning and we will look for this brand. Fried Pickerel is the best lots of fond memories of late afternoon fishing followed by Pickerel fried over the open fire in butter. Thank you for the walk down memory lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found the Mcguiars at Canadian Tire and really like it, I have tried so may products over the years so far theirs are the best. Fried pickerel done any way is wonderful over a vampire even better in butter. Nothing quite like it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you I like to keep it looking good just because I can.

      Delete
  4. Pretty soon you will have the rig finished and looking bran spankin new. Looks pretty good already. When I cools down I'm going to buy that wax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to keep in looking nice and I do have the time to get this done. It is a good wax, nt cheap, but easy to use and goes a long way.

      Delete
  5. Your coach looks good after all your hard work. Your dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. B it is really not that hard to do , Dinner was very tasty thanks.

      Delete
  6. The coach looks great, George. I preferred lard or olive oil but we all have our own tastes for frying. The fish looks great!
    Glad you had another swim in the pool. Our day cooled off by mid afternoon and no real sun for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. I have tried them all for deep frying for my high cholesterol and blood pressure I prefer the canola. They all do a good job, though. The pool was wonderful in the heat we had yesterday. Much cooler today now.

      Delete
  7. I can't believe the shine you always get on your coach! Looking good! Definitely a good use for leftovers! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I hav worked on it over the years and try to keep on top off it especially when I found products that work and are easy to use. The leftovers did the trick there was so much of it too.

      Delete
  8. We've had the same fish for dinner too. Our neighbours are all fishermen and once in a while gift us some of their catch. Wonderful when they do. Thanks to you we are also proud owners of a Fry Daddy and it is a great deep fryer that I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing quiet like the fresh pickerel from the great lakes.
      Glad you like your Fry Daddy, works wonderful for us, we really do love ours.

      Delete
  9. Wow!! You sure got a beautiful shine on your coach!! That’s a job we’ve got to do...just have to get the neck brace off Mike!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, a bit at a time and eventually it will all be done again.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.