Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Tues. July 5th, To Lake Scugog

Join us as we travel North America in our 
Holiday Rambler Vacationer, since August 2006

       This morning we are up early as usual, coffee and computing for a while then a visit with brother Chris and Sheri on their deck in the morning sun. Eventually we said our goodbyes then head off down the road for about 40 minutes and visit my sister again for our waterfront site on Lake Scugog.
nice spot, boathouse by the lake
       We got here, set up and puttered around for a bit. Suzie relaxing on the lower deck and my sister Louise changing a light bulb wearing her bright red rubber boots.
relax for a while
        Then we installed some new bamboo roll-up blinds to provide shade from the hot afternoon sun on their lower deck, they work pretty good.
new blinds

       Next we checked out the boathouse, and cleaned it up scrapped the peeling stain, trimmed the grass around the edges and got it ready to re stain tomorrow, as long as the weather co-operates. My sister went to Lindsay to get some more stain but they were sold out, so back home for supper.

        Now we can relax for a bit I BBQ'd some chicken thighs to accompany a nice pasta salad, and tossed salad my sister made for a tasty supper. The pasta salad was a recipe that I had used in my restaurant and was quite popular. I had forgotten about it and misplaced the recipe, she let me borrow it back to put in my data base.

       After supper sis went to Port Perry to pick up the stain so we will be ready to go in the morning, we just called it an early night to rest up for tomorrow.
Suzie, Louise and Paul

Tasty
       If you notice the counter below it amazes me that we have had over 40,000 visitors in the last few years, it happened yesterday at some point. Thanks to every one that has stopped by to share our travels with us, and especially the many who make comments on my postings, its nice to know who you are.
hit counters
Visitor Number


4 comments:

  1. Yummy BBQ'd chicken Geo! Chef Extraordinaire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lulu:
    but I just love cooking and eating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the staining goes well. Like the bamboo blinds.

    Congrats on hitting 40,000.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kevin and Ruth:
    We are trying to stain between the raindrops, hope to get it done today.
    Thanks for the congrates, its hard to believe that many people are looking at our travels, kinda give me more incentive to something I enjoy doing.

    ReplyDelete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.