Join us as we travel North America in our Holiday Rambler Vacationer, since August. 2006
Where did the day go!
Many times I wonder where the days go, time just flies by. So after thinking hard and long I try to recall how the day just slipped away.
- Let's see now I slept in until 6:30am, check e-mail, update our BLOG, watch the news, have a couple of coffees and chat with Suzie for a bit.
- then go for a walkabout at 8:30am and chat with a few people in the process.
- about 9:15 off to the grocery store in Buckhorn and pick up some chicken for supper.
- half an hour later I begin polishing the passenger side of our coach.
- while polishing a few neighbours stopped by to chat and before I knew it, was time for lunch, so a yummy prime rib sandwich was on the menu.
- at 12:30 neighbour Pat asked for some help setting up her satellite dish, so Suzie and I went over and puttered with it for a bit and got it working then before we knew it, it was 2:30pm.
- back to polishing I want to finish the rest of this side, finally done at 3:45pm (a 90 minute job done in 6 hours).
- gonna relax, but remembered I finished all our milk at lunch, so a quick trip back to the store and back the try to relax at 4:00pm with a book.
- a few minutes later our neighbours dropped by for happy hour and chat.
- 5:15 I start the BBQ and cook up our chicken legs and roasted potatoes for supper.
- 6:30 that's done and Suzie does the dishes while I take a walk with the garbage.
- finally we can relax and read a bit until 8:10 pm, its getting too dark to read, so inside and bring up a movie on tv, then before you know it its 10:30 and time for bed.
So there it is, the first time that I actually thought about it much, but that's kinda how a lot of our days go. Time to work a job? NO. Fresh Air? YES. Exercise? YES. Good Food? YES. Socializing? YES. Travelling? YES. Enjoying life? YES. Spending quality time with Suzie? YES.
What more can I ask for? I can't think of a thing. Everyday is a brand new experience, a new journey, lets see how this one unfolds and develops.
Oh yeah thanks for checking us out today.
Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico
Notice the controls for this New Map on the left side, you can zoom into different areas of the map and see where we are or have been.
View Summer 2010 in a larger map